t w e n t y - s i x

Rick, Daryl, Natalie and Oscar were being led by Michonne to Woodbury.

She had just told Rick to park the car on the side of the road and they all piled out.

"They have patrols. We're better off on foot." Michonne advised, coming to stand beside Natalie.

"How far? Night's coming." Rick said concerned as he looked around.

"It's a mile, maybe two," Michonne said.

They had got their gear out of the back of the car and marched into the forest.

Natalie held her axe by her side and she walked behind Michonne, besides Oscar and in front of Rick and Daryl.

She looked up at Oscar, "thank you for coming along," she smiled.

"Your welcome, it's the least I can do for you guys taking me and Axel in," Oscar said fastening his bag on his back, "I heard that you were one of the ones who wanted us to come in from the very beginning."

"Yeah, I was, alongside with T-Dog," Natalie nodded looking ahead.

"I'm sorry for your loss," Oscar said kindly.

"It happens."

"Down." Rick suddenly said as the growls and snarls of walkers came closer towards them.

Oscar grabbed her and pulled her down beside him.

"Get in formation. No gunfire." Rick said, making Natalie raise her axe up.

Walkers made their way to them as they started killing the walkers, Natalie advanced forward and planted her axe into its brain before pulling it out and turning around and killing the one that was snarling from behind her, spilling blood out.

"Oscar," Rick called, making him come forward.

"They're everywhere!" Natalie said loudly, before kicking one in the chest attempting to get it away from her.

"There's too many of them, we need to get outa here," Daryl stated as they backed up and ran.

They came across a small shack-like house and quickly entered.

Natalie now got out her gun and searched the house seeing if it was clear as did everyone else.

Natalie suddenly gagged at the smell the house reeked of.

"The smell, it's loud," Daryl complained trying to find the source of the smell.

As they walked deeper into the room they noticed a lump on the floor, "What the hell is that?" Oscar asked.

"Please don't be a dog," Natalie begged under her breath.

"It's got to be a fox or what's left of one," Daryl said advancing forwards.

"Oh my god," Natalie moaned and looked away, at the sight of a dead dog laid across the floor.

"Seriously?" Daryl laughed at her, "the world's gone to shit and a dog is what disgusts you out of everything?"

Natalie rolled her eyes and went to reply but was cut off from the walkers banging on the walls from the front side of the house.

"We gotta go, once the walkers find out there's another side of the house they surround it, and we'll be trappe-" Rick grabbed onto Natalie's arm to silence her as he stared at the bump under the covers of the bed in the corner.

Natalie walked closer to the bed as she went to pick up the covers. Slowly she lifted them causing an older man to burst out.

"Ah! Who the hell are you?" he cried seeing the strangers in his house.