Chapter Forty-Seven

LEXION

What had he just done?

Had he really just agreed to having all the Alphas existing in a frozen moment? Where it was possible for them to all suffocate. Oh goddess, his parents were going to lock him up in the dungeon and throw away the key.

Once again, he'd endangered all the Alphas. What had he been thinking? Sure he trusted Nia and the last thing he wanted was to have her hunted or enslaved, but really? Was his mate's life worth the danger to the Alphas?

If he were honest, the answer was yes.

What did that make him?

'Someone who loves our mate.'

Yeah, the world was ending. If his wolf, who usually decried him an idiot, was supporting his lack of judgement the world was ending. His parents definitely wouldn't see it that way, nor would the rest of the Alphas.

As time stopped, he stood up, knowing he wouldn't be able to breach the force field around the fighting area. The Alphas turned to look at him.

"Lex?" His mother questioned.

"We need to talk." He stated.

Lex sat down again just before time reset itself.

He was shocked it hadn't taken the Alphas long to agree to their plan. Had he missed something? They had to be aware how dangerous stopping time in its entirety was right? How had they not been angry at him?

Even though it was obvious Nia and her family were the only ones who could've stopped it, as an alpha what his people did was up to him. Even if he didn't okay something, the responsibility was still his.

The Sidera strolled onto the arena, effectively bringing the shielding down. Like before she didn't waste time. Leo and her champions scuttled to the side, heads down but the Delta didn't give them a moment's notice as she walked towards a wary Nia.

"I give you your winner," she called out as she faced his mate. "Tania Petersen-Ainsworth, now Luna of the Dark Carnage pack and luna of the Shadow's End pack."

Lex blinked at that, suddenly realising that had his sister won, she would now be the Luna of the Dark Carnage. Dear goddess, had his sister known or had she been as ignorant as he?

"No!" An authoritative voice shouted from the crowd. Lex's head whipped to the man who'd sprang up in the crowd. "This is an abomination! Healers are in service and not leaders!"

"Dad no!" The reaper sitting besides his delta whispered.

Lex shot the girl an irritated look then stood as his pack growled enmass. It vibrated the air, tension that only needed a spark to errupt in uncontrolled rage. The other reapers stood up around the one who'd protested, protective. Their scythes materialized in their hands, dark cloacks made of shadows suddenly billowing around them.