s i x t e e n

Xander took it upon himself to lift the packages up. He put them back into the half destroyed bag.

The way home was interesting, Elijah gave me a piggy bag ride home. He insisted, even though I wanted to walk on my own.

I could only imagine how strong he was, after racing after me he could still carry me all the way back.

Nobody said a word to me, but it wasn't unpleasant or something.

It felt like they were embarrassed or were sad about it.

My irritated self didn't dare to ask questions. I was still afraid to get screamed at by Victor when we would return.

We arrived, Victor was sleeping with his face on the table and Caleb was playing on his phone.

While Jon was the only one who looked stressed and hysterical at the same time.

"Lilith-" Jon wanted to start talking to me, but Xander didn't let him finish.

He pulled the packages out of the bag, smacking them on the table, he woke Victor up.

Nobody said a word and I just waited to get a punishment or a scolding. All three of them kept staring at the table.

Jons mouth opened and closed over and over again. He seemed like he couldn't find the right words. The twins cheeks were both a little red, while Caleb's ears were red. Even Victor was flustered.

"You know, I was expecting her to buy some liqor, cigarattes or condoms, like Caleb did when he was her age, but this really got me off guard." Jon mumbled, still searching for the right words to say to me.

I was confused of the sound of his voice. He did not sound angry, more relieved and guilty.

"As your legal guardian I should have prepared these products for you." Victor sounded apologetic. "Now I understand why you left without telling us." 

"We are just not used to have a girl now." Jon sighed in relief. "You must have felt embarrased, I would too. Only living with brothers and getting your- uhm lady days." 

"Next time you can talk to any of us, dont feel embarassed. You know boys are having embarssing things, too. You know sometimes when we wake u-" Elijah started talking, but Xander put his hand over his month, his eyes widned. "Shut the fuck up!" He looked over at me. "Not the you can always talk with us part, the other part was-. Unnesceray."

"Back to the point, are you feeling okay, Lil?" Caleb rolled his eyes at the twins, then smiled at me.

"You guys are not mad?" I asked clearly waiting for somebody to tell me to never speak about my period.

"Well, I am because of the terror you took us through when we woke up, and the fact that you skipped school and that you run away from us-" Victor started listing up everything.

"BUT right now we need to make sure that you are alright." Jon assured me that it was alright.

"Do you have-" Elijah looked at his phone, tipping something in it. "Abdominal cramps? Breakouts? Tender brea- nevermind. Bloating? Bowel issues? Headaches? Mood swings? Lower back pain?  Or trouble sleepping when you get your period?"

While reading the text, my other brothers just nodded after every symptom he read out loud like some doctors.

"Are you really sure I am allowed to tell you?"

"What? Why shouldn't it be? It is normal. It happens to every woman." Jon eyed me confused, then opened his mouth like he realised something. "Caleb, Xander and Elijah. Go to school. Now."