46: The Intern Part Two

Warning! This, as the title says, is a part two so it'll only make sense if you've read part one!

Note: As said in Part One, there is a main villain under the name Mutilator. His quirk works so that if he digests someones blood, he can control them for a limited amount of time. Men = five minutes, women = eight minutes.

Quirk: Shadow Control

 I woke up in a room I did not recognise, and smelt delicious food being cooked from somewhere. Immediately the events of last night flooded back into my mind, as I remembered this was Shoto's spare room. I remembered the strange moment we shared just before we both went to bed last night, and the conversation he and Deku had at the police station earlier that day. Desperately hoping that nothing would be awkward between us, I changed back into my hero suit and headed downstairs, following the smell of food all the way to the kitchen.

"Morning," Shoto sent me a small smile when I walked in. "Did you sleep well?"

'Okay, he doesn't seem to be acting any differently, that's good...' I thought to myself. "Yes, yes I did thanks."

"Here, eat up, we have to head to the agency pretty soon," he said.

"Sorry, I didn't realise I woke up so late," I said, seeing it was already ten past nine.

"Don't apologise, we had a long night," he said, and I nodded. "And we'll have to do it all again tonight."

He informed me that there had been no news on Mutilator, no clues as to his whereabouts and thankfully no bodies with his mark. Together, after I washed up, we headed to the agency, having to stop along the way as fans desperately wanted Shoto's autograph. Finally we reached the building, stepping out of the lifts and onto the floor of Shoto's office. "The likelihood is that your entire week here is going to be based around capturing Mutilator," he said in an almost apologetic tone, opening the door for me to walk through.

"That's okay, I want to do everything I can to help," I smiled, him returning one. Again, we stared at each other slightly longer then normal, my heart beat slowly escalating when suddenly his phone rang, making both of us jump.

"Sorry (y/n)," he apologised, "hello?" I couldn't hear the conversation, but judging by the way in which Shoto was speaking, it was about Mutilator. "Well it's information nonetheless, it should be looked into, right? ... Okay, it sounds like it could be him ... That's what I thought ... w-what?" Shoto's tone of voice suddenly changed as he stole a glance at me, blushing ever so slightly. "No, Deku ... yes but- ... maybe I still do, but nothing happened ... Deku! Look, I'll talk to you later," Shoto hung up, before turning to me and going even more red.

"Everything okay?" I asked carefully.

"Huh? Yeah... well actually there's been an unconfirmed sighting of Mutilator in the North-East end of the city... a-and that's all Deku said..."

"Okay..." I was a little confused at why he suddenly seemed so nervous. "Is it being looked into?"

"Yeah, the group on patrol in the Eastern sector at the moment are staying vigilante. We'll have to be extra careful tonight, and be much more vigilante ourselves," he said. "Listen, (y/n), I know I hired you for this internship but this is an incredibly dangerous villain and I'm- well, I'm scared you're going to get hurt," he said rather quickly, approaching me until we were as close as we were last night. "I want to make sure you're safe."

"Shoto, I will be safe," I said quietly with a small smile. I could feel my cheeks slowly heating up but I tried desperately to ignore them. "Please let me do this, I really want this experience. I promise I'll be okay." There was a pause between us, in which he sighed, staring into my determined eyes.