CHAPTER THREE

Aura shot up, beads of sweat trailing down her forehead

She gasped for air, hitting her hand against her chest violently.

"Mama" her son, Vin mumbled, his voice full of worry.

She smiled at him before letting out a long scratchy cough.

"Mama is good" she waved "just a nightmare"

He nodded slowly and wrapped his small arms around her, making her gasp.

Her son was definitely not a hugger. Sure they hugged often because of their mother and son relationship but he was much like his father, spending most of his time alone, isolated from everyone else.

He never talked to anyone at kindergarten, though he was only three years old he was smart enough to be in kindergarten .

"I'm not tired anymore mama," Vin said as he hugged his blanket.

Aura let out a sigh. He was most definitely worried about her.

"Sure I suppose it's not too early" she huffed a breath, glancing at her clock which read 7:05 seeing as kindergarten started at 8:30.

He smiled and helped her off the bed, immediately tugging at the corner ends.

She taught her son never to leave his bed untidy.

After they tidied their bed she supervised him as he brushed his teeth and took a bath.

He had insisted and nagged that he was old enough to be left alone in the bathroom but she didn't want him slipping and getting hurt.

He was her baby. She had no idea why he was in such a hurry to grow up. It wasn't all it cracked up to be.

Adults made mistakes, had terrible pasts, cheated on their spouses-

Aura knew the sudden appearance of her ex- husband brought up the insecure thoughts. Why did he have to pop up out of nowhere like an annoying zit.

Her pregnancy wasn't easy, especially since she was poor.

Things were horrible when she almost lost Vin because she was malnourished as well as dehydrated. She began to hate herself for being such a gold digger but she was desperate but that wasn't an excuse, not even close.

"Mama" Vin shook her out of her thoughts "I'm done"

She let out a grin and grabbed him by his armpits.

She placed him on the bare sink making him wince and mumble 'my butt is cold'. She laughed at her cheeky son.