C H A P T E R S I X

Song: Love Riddim by Rotimi

"YOU SHOULD HAVE let me beat her up," Chidinma said in anger to Omarion and Xante, who both hovered over her furious form seated on the living room sofa,

"You would have stained your dress," Omarion replied flatly, "Blood takes forever to get out of gold and white. I should know,"

Xante was still quiet as he had been since the party ended when Angela and her friends were kicked out. The home staff were packing up the tent and tables and Val was dealing with the valet parking and giving everyone their custom Luc Belaire Roses as they left. All the members of the bridal party were in the living room watching the furious fiancee. At this moment, Xante was in disbelief. He couldn't believe Angela, the girl he used to play chase with as a kid, could say such harsh words.

Merde.

"Xante, aren't you going to say anything?" Chidinma inquired with an angry look. Everyone was quiet as they watched the couple warily.

"What do you want me to say? Angela's gone," Xante said softly while rubbing his temples. He knew Angela was a bitch but the Delianos kept up with her because of her father's connection to the Spanish mafia. Xante knew the time to tell Chidinma had come. She had to know, "I need to talk to you upstairs," He said to her, standing up.

Chidinma scoffed as if she wanted to argue, but got up anyway. She stomped all the way upstairs. When they reached his room, he looked through the door for security as she sat on his couch and he opened the safe and got the deed. When she saw a black gun, thousands of dollars in cash, various passports and three burner phones, she gasped.

"You need to calm down for what you're about to hear," He started, sitting down next to her. She looked breathtaking in the beautiful dress he selected for her. He couldn't deny it anymore. Xante Lucas Alessandro Deliano wanted the woman in front of him. But, he had to remind himself that this was a contract.

"Will you try to shut me up again?" She asked dryly, keeping her deep brown eyes on his and he gulped as he remembered his words. Then, he felt worse remembering that he actually wanted her to talk back at him.

"I am sorry about yesterday. I should not have threatened you. I apologize," She sniffed at his response and nodded.

"I guess I should apologize too. I shouldn't have yelled and lost my temper. I guess I was just mad that you thought it was okay to lie to me,"

"Chidinma..." He objected as he felt like shit and needed to explain himself to her.

"No. Look, I know that this is just a contract and I shouldn't care, but you can't do that. Not to me. Not to someone who watched her father lie to her mother all through their marriage. And watched their marriage crash and burn. Then, watched her mother cry herself to sleep. God, knows how stressed and upset I was," She finished with finality.