21 :: road trips & home

oh hi there
jk hi i think you'll like
this update

i recommend listening to hostage
by billie eilish at the taekook part (:

♡︎♡︎♡

Taehyung wanted to call this a road trip, but driving to Busan to see his best friend's sick mother wasn't a light topic to joke about.

It was an impromptu idea, and all he wanted to do was make Jeongguk happy again because a crying, puffy eyed and sniffling Jeongguk tugged at his heart strings. His hugs weren't enough, and despite all the forehead kisses he gave him, Jeongguk only cried harder.

So, his mind thought, why not drive to Busan since they had break the following week?

You see, it wasn't easy, but Taehyung was able to pack them backpacks of clothes and money, give Yeontan over to Hoseok and Jin for a few days, talk to Yugyeom and San about volleyball, and find his car keys to the car he rarely used in a good hour.

The plan was pretty crappy, but Taehyung was sure they could do it. After all, it was worth it to make Jeongguk happy again.

On the bright side, Busan was only a good five hours if the traffic wasn't bad. Plus Jeongguk needed to see his mom, and he couldn't imagine how difficult it was on his sisters. They could probably help when they get there.

It would be all worth it in the end.

Taehyung had to admit though, he hadn't touched his car in a long time. When they got on the road, he was freaking out internally when they hit a freeway, and god merging was horrifying.

It was then did he remember how fricking terrifying driving actually was and why he didn't like it.

The outside world was scary! Drivers were mean, and the traffic was so congested he felt crammed into his seat. He wasn't used to holding a steering wheel, and the longer Jeongguk cried, he wanted to drive faster.

But of course, safety over anything, and tried to drive as fast as he could without them dying in some freak car accident.

Jeongguk, on the otherhand, was calming down an hour into the driving. They haven't fully left Seoul yet, but at least his quiet sobs were limited to soft sniffling. That was good, right?

"Where are we going?" Jeongguk's voice was small when he finally spoke to him, but that wasn't what freaked him out.

He realized he practically kidnapped him. Oops.

"We're going to Busan," Taehyung said, drumming his fingers across the steeringwheel, keeping his eyes on the road no matter how much he wanted to look at Jeongguk.

"Busan? Why?" The younger asked, voice a little raspy from crying. "It's too far, turn around."

"Nope, we are heading to Busan to see your family," He declared. "I already called your sister, and they know we're coming."

"You called my sister? Which one?" He heard him sit up, his clothes rustling against the leather seats. He didn't want to look over at Jeongguk because he was pretty much shitting his pants, but he could feel him staring at him.