chapter twenty-nine

SHE COUGHED VIGOROUSLY, THE PAIN IN HER LUNGS INCREASING. Allison looked to her sister on the other side of the glass, smiling to assure her sister that she was okay. The woman had been in isolation for one day and as time passed, she was feeling more weak, feeling as if she could die in days. Some of the people were all dying within a day, which worried Daryl because he was scared that Allison would die as quick as the others.

"Daryl and the others went to go get medicine. You're gonna be okay." Beth told her, sniffling loudly as tears fell from her face. It sounded more like she was telling herself than telling Allison.

"I am fine. Just the flu..." Allison trailed off once she started coughing again, a new layer of sweat forming on her skin. Beth looked at her in concern. She coughed loudly, it echoing all over the walls. Her lungs burned as she felt a warm liquid form in her throat.

Beth ran to get her father once she saw her choking on the floor, blood pouring from her mouth.

Allison spit out the blood on the floor, heaving for air. Her lungs burned as she moved around, trying to call for help, but her coughs interrupting her voice.

Hershel rushed to his daughter as fast as he could with Beth and Maggie behind him. "Maggie!" He called to her and she gave him the breathing tube.

Allison pushed him away weakly, not wanting him to get sick because of her. Hershel struggled to get it down her throat and Maggie stepped in, not caring if she gets sick. She just wanted to help her sister live.

"Hold her head." Hershel told her and she nodded, holding her sisters head steady as she heaved for air.

He slowly stuck the tube down her throat and started to pump air into her lungs, Allison closing her eyes in relief.

"See? Wasn't so hard, now was it?" Hershel said out loud, tears running down Maggie's face as Allison had blood all over face, running down her neck.

-

1 year ago.

Allison stuck her knives beside her hip, getting ready for whatever came at her. Suddenly, a hand was wrapped around her waist and she smiled wide, the person pressing their lips to her cheek. She turned around, giving him a small kiss on his lips. "Hey." She whispered once she pulled away.

He smirked and bit his lip, looking at her up and down. "Hey." He then looked down and furrowed his eyebrows. "What's all the weapons for? I have Lucille right here."

Allison pursed her lips and looked down to the bat, rolling her eyes. "I don't think she'll protect me. What if we get separated?"

The man sighed and started to get serious, him placing his hands on her cheeks as he looked into her blue eyes. "We won't. Don't even think like that." He assured her and she sighed, placing her forehead against his.

"Promise?" She asked him, now looking in his eyes.

"I promise." Negan told her, placing a kiss to her lips gently.

-

Daryl stopped in his tracks, picking up a blue rock that looked alot like Allison's eyes. He blew on it and squinted his eyes, regretting avoiding her all week.

Currently, him, Michonne, Tyreese and Bob were all on a run to get more medicine and Daryl was getting more and more worried about Allison. When he was going to see her in her cell, Maggie had told him that the girl was sick and he instantly got the idea to go out and find some more medicine.

"What you thinking about?" Michonne walked up to him once she saw him looking at a blue, smooth looking rock.

Daryl shrugged, placing the pebble in his pocket as he turned to her. "Jus' the people that are sick. Worried about 'em." He told her and it wasn't a lie, but it also wasn't the truth.

"You mean you're worried about Allison." Michonne raised her eyebrows, him now looking to the ground, silent. "We've all seen how you are around her, y'know."

Daryl now looked to her, shrugging. "Don't matter, she doesn't feel the same." He spoke softly.

Michonne chuckled at that. "She might."

Daryl bit his lip as he looked to her, nodding his head slightly. "Let's go!" He called to the small group and they followed, him getting back to Allison.