she's hungover

You woke up to the sound of Hailee groaning next to you.

She drank too much last night. You knew she was gonna regret it this morning, but still, she kept swallowing them down insisting she'd be just fine.

"So? How do you feel?" you asked slightly sarcastically. You already know she's feeling horrible. You just wanted her to admit it. "Very funny. I feel like shit. What do you think?" She grumbled and held her pounding head with her hands.

You had to admit that it was hard to see her feeling so miserable, even though you did try to warn her. You put your hand on her back and rubbed soothing circles over her shirt. "Feeling like you're gonna throw up?" She weakly nodded and you reached over for the empty trash can.

You put it between her thighs and just a few seconds she hurled into it. You wrinkled your nose up at the sound of it hitting the bottom but tried your best to comfort her nevertheless. "It's okay, baby. Just let it out, let it all out."

You rubbed her back till she finished. She spit a few times to rid the nasty taste from her mouth. You grabbed the trash can and emptied it as she got up to brush her teeth. You also grabbed her some medicine and a bottle of water for her to help take away her headache.

She groaned as she crawled back into bed a few minutes later. You handed the pills to her and watched as she swallowed them down with a few drinks of water before collapsing onto her back on the bed.

"You're right. I definitely regret drinking that much." She whined and closed her eyes.

You smiled a sad smile. "I know you do. It's alright. You live and learn, right? Just close your eyes and try to rest. You'll feel better when you wake up," you said as you brushed back a few strands of her hair that were clinging to her forehead from the beads of sweat on her skin.

She held your hand tightly in her own. You didn't mind one bit, it brought her comfort and she needed that right now.

And as she fell asleep you started to feel your lingering anxiety lift a little bit. You stroked her hair, listening to her soft breaths, hoping that she really would wake up feeling better.