five

EVIE awakens from the night before as the sun pours in through the blinds and the first thing she sees is Dave. She pulls the blanket tighter to her body as Dave's t-shirt which he gave her to sleep in is not keeping her warm enough. He must feel her stir awake as he rolls over to face her not long after, rubbing his eyes to wake up. 

"Good morning," he mumbles sleepily in his low morning voice.

"Morning," Evie hums, pushing Dave's hair out of his eyes and running her fingers through his hair, just like she had done last night. 

They hadn't gone any further than making out last night and Evie was honestly pleased about that. Not that she has any reservations with going all the way, but it makes her glad that they didn't jump into it completely straight away. It's different to how she usually operates with guys, but she likes it.

"Have you got plans for today?" Dave asks, slowly sitting up away from Evie's touch to stretch out his arms. 

"I've got work at 12 with Josh," she remembers and Dave turns to check the alarm clock on his side table. 

"You've still got a few hours until then," he says, laying back down opposite Evie and reaches his hand out to trace patterns up and down her arm which lays on top of the covers. 

"I'd stay here all day if I could. This bed is comfy," she tells him.

"I wish we could," he agrees.

"I can drive you home when you need," he tells her. 

"Thanks," she smiles.

They are both startled by the sound of the front door closing.

"Kurt," Dave states as slow, light footsteps move down the hall towards Dave's room. 

Kurt turns into the open doorway to greet them both on the way to his room.

"Guten tag," he announces smiling at the soft image of Evie and Dave curled up in bed together with the warm light shining down on them. 

"Hey Kurt," Dave says, turning over to face him. 

"Morning," Evie tells him. 

"How was your night?" Kurt asks.

"Good," Dave states simply but playfully. 

"Good." Kurt smiles, raising his eyebrows. 

"Alright, I'll leave you alone now. Carry on," Kurt says, waving his hand flippantly as he turns on his heel to cross the hall to his room. 

"Bye," Dave laughs. 

"Breakfast?" Dave asks and Evie inhales sharply. 

"Do you have coffee?" She asks and he nods.

"Yes we do," he answers, sitting up and stepping out onto the wooden floor. 

He reaches down to pick up a t-shirt from the ground and pulls it over his bare torso. Evie follows him, getting out of bed and walking over to the door, waiting for Dave before walking through the house into the kitchen. He starts on the coffee, boiling the water.

"Milk? Sugar?" Dave asks, pulling down two mugs from a higher cupboard.

"No thanks, just black," Evie tells him and he smiles.

"Good choice," he acknowledges.

"You have yours straight too?" she asks.

"Yes I do. My liquor and my coffee," he jokes. 

They spend the morning together, drinking coffee and getting to know each other more. She learns that Dave was previously in a punk band called Scream which had toured throughout Europe and America, and she was pretty amazed about this. Her family had visited France a few times because her mother's parents were from there, but after she passed away they hadn't visited since. It was too hard.