|dekaeksi|

Untouched

All Rights Reserved

© 2014 Luna Black  

~*~

“Ariel,” Hades whispered, lightly stroking the side of his hand against her face, “aүáпη, look at me.”

Her bloodshot eyes continued looking at Hermes’ backside as he cried over Adrianne and she felt another tear sliding down the side of her face. Hades sighed, standing up and cradled her into his chest. He bid farewell to his family, whom were all watching Hermes with sorrowed eyes and turned to walk away.

“Hermes…I’m sorry,” Ariel managed to croak out, but her voice sounded so hoarse only Hades heard her. She closed her eyes, spilling more silent tears and held unto Hades for dear life. At that moment, Ariel felt lost. She felt mixed emotions and her mind could only think of one thing.

Taking her life for taking her best friends.

As if he could hear her gory plan, Hades shook his head, wanting to say something about it, but decided against it and placed her on his bed. “I’ll be right back; I’m going to get you a cloth to clean up.”

She nodded, turning on her side to hold unto one of his pillows and stared in awe at the grandeur of his room. She had never been inside his chambers, whenever they did anything sexual, it was always in her mediocre room.

The bed dipped underneath Hades’ weight and she turned to look at him. His lips tugged upward into a very small smile as he began to clean away her dried tears. Ariel closed her eyes, feeling confused by his light touch.

Whenever Hades touched her, it was sexual. He was never careful or gentle—and it was angering her. She didn’t need him to feel pity for her; she already pitied herself enough.

“Stop,” she whispered, pushing his hand away.

The God frowned, placing the damp cloth in a bucket and pushed it away from the bed with his foot. “What’s wrong?”

Ariel opened her eyes, staring at him with an emotionless expression. “How are you so calm?” Anger began fuelling her, tormenting her thoughts even further. “How can you sit here and just try to act like nothing is wrong?! I just killed someone, Hades! I killed my best friend,” she sobbed, gritting her teeth as she tried to hold back her tears, “and you’re just sitting there as if nothing had happened!”

He watched for a few seconds, his dark eyes bore into hers and he cleared his throat, “What would you like me to do then? Would you like me to mourn over her? I can’t do that.”

She sat up abruptly, angrily wiping her tears away. “Adrianne admired you, Hades! She told me she saw you as her father and you’re telling me that you can’t fucking mourn her death?!” She tried kicking the comforters off her legs, but he held her down.

“I cannot mourn someone who isn’t dead, Ariel.”

“W-what?” She stopped struggling his grasp, staring at him with confused watery eyes.

Hades sighed, standing up from the bed and faced away from her. “Adrianne is reincarnated every time she dies; she’s not dead.”

Ariel frowned, placing her hands on her lap feebly. “I don’t…I don’t understand. I mean, can’t you just bring her back? We won’t have to wait until she grows up and whatever.” Her eyes began shining with ideas and she smiled as she climbed off the king sized bed.

“Hades, please bring her back! I’ll do anything, just please bring her back.” She placed her hand on his shoulder, hugging his waist with the other.