3.9

THIRTY-NINE.
the disagreement

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"I was a foundling -- they raised me in the Fighting Corps. I was treated as one of their own," Mando announced. "When I came of age, I was sworn to the Creed. The only record of my family name was in the registers of Mandalore. Moff Gideon was an ISB Officer during the Purge. That's how I know it's him."

"That's how he knows who we all are." Cara said, walking away to collect some more rifles.

"He says he still needs us after getting a hold of Adalyn, which means the child got away safely," Mando said as Greef poured himself a drink to ease his nerves. "I was worried when the Ugnaught didn't respond but if they'd captured the kid too, we'd already be dead."

"Hail them again." Cara replied, carrying some weapons to a corner of the room. Mando took out his comlink and spoke into it.

"Come in, Kuiil."

No response.

"Kuiil?"

No response.

"Nothing." Mando shook his head, looking at his two other teammates nervously.

Cara sighed, holding a rifle close to her chest as she took a peek at all the troopers outside. "They might have jammed the link."

Just then, the sounds of the child cooing could be heard through the comlink. Mando immediately snapped his head back to look at the com.

Unfortunately, the voice that spoke through the comlink did not belong to the Ugnaught. It belonged to.. IG-11.

"Kuiil has been terminated."

Mando hesitated for a moment, anger rising up inside of him as he thought about how Adalyn would've reacted if she heard that. He growled into the comlink, "What did you do?"

"I am fulfilling my base function."

"Which is..?!"

"To nurse and protect."

• • •

《 Adalyn's P.O.V 》

• • •

"Let's talk," Derek dragged a chair and placed it in front of me. He sat on it and smirked, "Just like the good old days. Right, my princess?"

We were inside of an empty building while Moff Gideon was in another. We weren't that far away from the cantina.. but it certainly felt like we were.

My wrists were binded to the back of my chair while my ankles were tied together. Derek had taken possession of all my weapons, so I couldn't escape.

I rolled my eyes; this whole situation was giving me deja vu. I sighed, "I'm not sure I wanna listen."

"Well, you're gonna have to," He frowned for a moment before shrugging. "Look, I'm an honest man so I'll speak the truth. I have no intention of killing you whatsoever -- it'll be useless if I did. I know just how strong of a Force user you are, and I want to use that to my advantage."