Family Meeting

All the Ali's; Johnathan, Janice, Shantae, Jurnee and Jayla sat at the table for the family meeting

"I've called this family meeting because Janice is very upset with Jayla and Jurnee. But she wouldn't tell me why unless I called a family meeting. Janice?" Papa John said giving her the floor.

"My 17 year old daughter called me last night to tell me that she was six weeks pregnant. If you go back to six weeks before now she was at Jurnee's house. Jurnee how in the living fuck did you let her get pregnant?!" Janice yelled.

"One, keep your voice down with me. Two, my baby is 17. She knows what happens when you have unprotected sex. Three, I am Jurnee Kordei Ali, she is Jayla Khaleese Ali two different people in control of two different bodies. Jayla knew what she was doing."

"Who is the baby father Jayla?" Mama Tae asked.

"Tyson." Jayla replied.

"The same Tyson that stays at your house from time to time! So you play a role in this!" Janice shouted.

Like you were a good role model any fucking way.. Jurnee thought.

"Janice! I am NOT Jayla! Nor am I Tyson! They damn near grown! You not about to sit right here and blame me for something that I had and still have no control over! You know the options she had! Talk to her about them!" Jurnee huffed and got up walking away.

"Abortion is the option you have. It's not as scary because you're not ready to be a mom yet." Janice shook her head.

"I am ready to be a mom. My options? I'm not aborting my baby. That maybe an option for Jurnee and my mom, but not for me." Jayla shook her head not even realizing that she aired Jurnee out.

Jurnee stopped in mid step when she heard those words come out of Jayla's mouth. It hurt her the most because she trusted Jayla with that secret. She didn't tell nobody else that. Not Meg, Not Papa John or Mama Tae, not even Malik, her baby's father. Only Jayla.

"Jurnee!" Papa John's voice boomed through the house. He was furious.

Jurnee slowly made her way into the dead silent dining room.

"Jurnee is this true? You were pregnant?" Mama Tae asked.

"Yes mama." she mumbled

"When was this?" Papa John asked.

"My last year in college. The beginning of the semester. A slip up turned into a pregnancy and I knew that I wasn't ready to be a parent and neither was their father so I made the decision to get an abortion." she mumbled.

"The smartest girl ever, gets pregnant by a no good in college. Disappointing." Papa John shook his head before leaving the dining room.

"You could've told me." Mama Tae said softly.

"I was disappointed in myself. I only told Jayla because I trusted her."

"NeNe, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it. I was mad because I thought you were shading me and telling me to kill my kid." Jayla said sincerely because she knew how bad she had hurt Jurnee.

"I would never encourage you to abort your baby especially seeing how happy you were to tell me that you were pregnant. The options I were talking about were condoms, plan b's, birth control. Things that would've possibly prevented us in being in this moment. I'll be cool though." she grabbed her keys and left.

All mother and daughters have their moments good and bad...right?.. Jayla thought.
£¥£
Talk by Khalid played while Andre tosses a football in the air. It was nearing 7 and NeNe had yet to him him up about the date tonight.

"Hey Siri! Call NeNe Beans." Dre told Siri.

"Okay. Calling NeNe Beans😍...mobile." Siri responded.

The ringing phone woke Jurnee out her sleep. Looking at the caller ID that read OD💙 she frowned because she had totally forgotten about their date.

"Would I be an ass if I rain checked right now?" she asked once she answered the phone.

"No, you'd never be an ass. My feelings would be a little hurt though." he chuckled.

"I would be an ass because I hurt your feelings."

"Why are you rain checking then?"

"Today has not been my day. When I tell you it's been bullshit since this morning, it's been bullshit." she said and he could tell that she was frowning.

"Does it have to do with Jayla and Tyson? He came and told me about that whole situation earlier."

"Yes, mostly. I'm over the whole situation." she sighed.

"Give me a list of your favorite food and snacks." he said.

"Why?"

"Just send it to me."

"Alright Andre."

They hung up and she sent him a message filled with the things she liked.

Andre went to Target to get everything she mentioned in the message and went to Pizza Hut to get some pizza and wings then he made his way to her home.

Andre calling her phone woke her up again.

"Come open the door." he said when she answered before hanging up.

She opened the door and smiled when she seen him holding all the stuff.

"Oh my God, you didn't." she said grabbing some of the stuff.

"Oh your God, I did." he smiled closing the door.

"What made you do all this? How much money did you spend? I have to pay you back because this is a lot."

"Don't worry about that. You don't have to pay me back. You sounded sad on the phone and that didn't sit right with me so I came to play Dr Dre." he smiled making her smile and hug him.

"Andre, you're the sweetest man."

"Hey, I'm just being a good friend." he hugged her back. "Now let's get some pizza so you can tell me how you feel."

The rest of the night Jurnee told her story and even cried a little. Andre wiped her tears and made her laugh bringing her smile back. Jurnee felt as if there was nothing better than that.

thank you for choosing my book i appreciate it!i stan for a caring kingthoughts?comments?

i appreciate it!
i stan for a caring king
thoughts?
comments?