"What is a Waffle House?"

Unedited*

After explaining every little detail to Jenna about what happened, she insisted that we go out for dinner and treat ourselves for dealing with dumbass men.

So that's what we did. She drove the both of us to Gwen's, my favorite hole-in-the-wall diner, and we splurged.

Jenna ordered the biggest burger I had ever seen with onion rings, which thankfully didn't make me gag, and a strawberry milkshake. Which makes me wish to have her metabolism. But I don't have it so I ordered a kids' grilled cheese with french fries.

After our trip at the diner we headed back to my place and stayed up watching Supernanny reruns until we both passed out.

————

Jenna left an hour ago and I had five minutes until I had to be at the restaurant for my lunch with Everett. I hadn't realized that my lunch was today until Everett texted me saying that he was there.

As soon as I got the message, I ran to my room and threw on some jeans that were starting to get tight around my stomach, and sweatshirt. I gave Paul a pat on his head and headed down to the parking lot.

Traffic was normal, and since I didn't live far from the diner, it only took ten minutes to get there after he texted.

I pushed the glass door and the little chime ding letting everyone know that someone new was here. My eyes glanced to the chalkboard sign that said Seat Yourself and I noticed Everett sitting in a booth by himself wearing his police uniform.

My rainboots squeaked against the checkerboard tile as I walked over to Everett.

"Hey," I said, setting my things into the booth before I sat down, "I'm so sorry that I'm late!"

"It's fine. I haven't ordered yet, but I did get both of us waters, is that ok?" I nodded and grabbed my menu.

When I offered that we should go to Gwen's earlier in the week, I didn't realize I was going to eat for dinner the night before. I honestly didn't care because my cravings were starting to kick in and all I wanted was another grilled cheese.

"How's life going?" he asked me, causing me to look up from my menu.

"Life is complicated," I smiled, Even though my life sucks as of right now, "What about you? How's your life going?"

"My life is going. Still adjusting to living by myself in a city that is about ten times bigger than my hometown, but overall it's good."

"I'm happy to hear that," I said, making a mental note to ask him about where he lives. Ever since the break in I've been apartment searching like crazy. I loved my apartment, but I haven't been sleeping normally since

The waitress came up to our table and smiled, "Are you guys ready to order?" We both nodded and ordered, handing back the menus when we were done.

She walked away and I looked at Everett, "So you said that you live by yourself?"

He nodded, "Um, yeah I am," and took a sip from his glass of water, "Why?"

"Oh, I've been looking for somewhere to live since you know, when my ex broke into my apartment, and I'm trying to find somewhere that is pet friendly and in a good part of town."

He pursed his lips together and nodded when his eyes lit up, "You should live with me!"

"What? I can't do that. We barely know each other and I- i'm pregn-"

"Oh shut it. It doesn't matter," he told me, "I live like twenty minutes away, but it is a great part of town, and I have two extra rooms! I don't have cable, just the internet that came with the utilities. Ooh also it's pet frien-"

"Fine if you stop rambling!" I yelled out, causing the entire restaurant to look in my direction. My cheeks grew red and Everett was grinning.

"Uh you have made my life so much easier Lucy Jameson! I was planning on posting on craigslist, and now I don't have to! I'm glad we met" he said excitedly.

I raised my eyebrows, "Well we didn't meet in the most ideal circumstances and our first and last date didn't end well either."

"Oh right. That date was doomed because I like dicks more than tits, but that doesn't matter."

"Oh god," I laughed at his statement. Honestly I was relieved to have him as my future roommate since he was in law enforcement. I, for sure, won't have any crazy ex boyfriends breaking into my apartment from now on.

Before he could start talking again the waitress came back with our orders. I watched as the waitress sat down our food. Everett had ordered some breakfast platter and I ordered the kids grilled cheese.

Everett picked up his fork and took a large bite of his food.

"Mhmm this is so much better than Waffle House," he said as he took another bite out of his food.

I chewed on my grilled cheese and gave him a puzzled look, "What is a Waffle House?" He looked up from his plate and sat his fork down.

"You've never been to a Waffle House?" he asked me in some type of amazement. I shook my head and took a fry off of my plate.

"Oh my god," he said, shaking his head, "It's a restaurant just like this, but in the south. I grew up eating there."

"Ah, so it is just the southern version of Gwen's?" I asked him, but he shook his head.

"It's more of a chain restaurant like Mcdondalds, so there are a lot of them all over. Whenever I moved here I didn't realize that all of the restaurants I grew up with aren't here, but I just found my very own Seattle version of Waffle House." I nodded my head and took a bite of my grilled cheese.

"That's cool," I said as I ate my grilled cheese. It sucked that it didn't come in adult form, but that didn't matter. It was cheap and absolutely delicious, and it was the first food that had cheese that I could eat.

And I love cheese.

We both finished our food and talked for about ten minutes after we were done when Everett had to leave. He told me he was lucky that his lunch break was an hour instead of thirty minutes like some of his coworkers had.

When the check came back he didn't even give me the chance to argue about paying, he just handed our waitress a fifty and told her to keep the change.

We left the restaurant happy and full. Well maybe the happy part only pertained to me just because I didn't have to go back to work.

"Thanks for lunch," I told him when I got to my car.

"Thank you for helping me figure out my roommate crisis," he said back laughing.

"Anything for my favorite police officer," I said back.

He grinned, adn threw his hand up, "Oh stop it!" I laughed and climbed into my car.

"I'll text you the address and a move in date," I heard him yell as I closed my car door. He was standing outside my window, still smiling, so I gave a thumbs up. I turned my car on and he stepped back, sending me a wave.

I returned the wave and drove off.

A/N
I updated!! Just so everyone knows, I updated as frequent and try to stick to a schedule, but honestly having a posting schedule stresses me out!!! Follow me to stay updated for when I post!!

How do you guys feel about Everett and Lucy becoming roommates??

also

Everett or Harrison? (no I'm NOT making a love triangle)

Let me know!!

Also just a HUGE thank you for reading and voting!!! Ive reached  over 2k reads and am so close to 3k!!  It keeps me going knowing that people enjoy reading MY book!!

Next chapter coming soon!! Comment and Vote!!
Hope you enjoyed lovies :)