.002

Chapter Two
002. Crushing On a Townie!

"SO YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO TELL ME WHERE YOU RUN OFF TO ARE YOU?" Ms

"SO YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO TELL ME WHERE YOU RUN OFF TO ARE YOU?" Ms. Tig asked and Faye only shook her head.  The cafe was no secret and yet she still did not feel an urge to share it with anyone, "Fine let's talk about spell lab yesterday.  Can you tell me what happened?"

"You know what happened," Faye said, sitting straight up, her hair was flattened to perfection and her make up was light.  The uniform looked freshly ironed and the pearls in her ears shined.

"I want your account of what happened so we can get to the source of it.  You said you were doing better—" Ms. Tig spoke and Faye finally met her gaze wanting nothing more but to be free of this weeks session.

"I am doing better," She said speaking too fast for it to be believable and Ms. Tig took note of it as well as her appearance.

"Then why'd you lose control of your magic yesterday?" Ms. Tig asked, earning a sigh from Faye followed by her clearing her throat.

"We had to present the spell we were assigned and I put together a wonderful presentation and practiced to the point where I could do the spell in my sleep. Nothing difficult, just a different incantation to the nature spell.  When I stood up to present I got a little nervous and I said something wrong.  My flowers died and they started laughing and I just got frustrated. Next thing I know I know my plant's on fire and the lights blew out.  I didn't mean to," Faye explained and Ms. Tig could see her face falling as she was upset recounting the situation.  The longing in her voice as well as the wavering told a simple story.  She regretted what happened.

"We know Faye and we just want to help you," Ms. Tig reassured and Faye nodded slowly but the sullen look stayed, "Despite what you're struggling with I know you would never have an outburst purposely.  I think you focus too much on controlling things so they are perfect—"

"I do not! Maybe we should stick to—!" Faye exclaimed before silencing herself as she started to tell Ms. Tig how to council.  Tucking an invisible strand of hair behind her ear she wore a prominent frown, "Okay I see your point. You're right I am a bit controlling and I do want things to be perfect."

"It's good that you see it.  That will make it easier to try and break this habit. I think you should make it your goal to relax and try new things," Ms. Tig explained and Faye nodded at the idea as she ran it through her head.  Despite the initial obstinance Faye always appreciated Ms. Tig's guidance over the years.

"I'll give it a try," Faye said before asking if she was free to go which she was.  Going to her room changing she wasted no time in going to Henry's room.  Opening the door without knocking Henry was sitting on his bed doing homework.