Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I pulled the grey and black knee socks over my legs closely followed by knee high combat boots, the rest of my body is clad in dark denim shorts, a white t-shirt with a black rim and a cardigan which is a dirty blue sort-of colour. I picked up my school bag and walked down stairs. After this weekend (never thought I would say this) I need to go back to school- weirdly enough, it acts as a distraction. The rest of last week went by agonisingly slow and the weekend went by even slower, my father rarely showed his face and my mother seemed to be on a fast road to recovery.

I skipped breakfast and kissed my mother goodbye, I left the house and put in my earphones listening to the sound of Eminem on the way to the place I like to call hell. My friends have seem to accept the fact I am not wearing what they like anymore and I am glad for that because I honestly wouldn't have been able to take it if they left me.

Arriving at school at little early, I decided to go to my locker. I opened it and to my surprise a note fell out. It read; 'You cannot run from everything -A' I crumpled the A4 sheet of paper in my hands and slipped it into my bag. My heart sped up a little bit before going back to a steady rhythm, I hadn't got any texts during the weekend and I honestly thought whoever was doing this had gotten bored and moved on- obviously not. Walking into the dance studio I pulled out my phone and plugged it into the stereo, I need to practice for my GCSE piece which is coming along okay however the exam board want us to choreograph at least three routines. I needed to channel all my frustration into something other than writing as I have filled all my spare notebooks; I need to get some more. The lack of sleep isn't helping either and I need to get more concealer due to how much I am using it- my eyes are red raw and resemble those of a zombie's.

I moved my body to the beat of 'Skin' by Rihanna and tried to let all the negativity flood out of my system, I turned up the music in hope it would numb my ache but it didn't. I sighed and carried on the pointless routine trying to forget these past couple of months, soon I will be out of here and in college doing an English degree or writing a novel that could create a career for me but I know it is not that easy.

"Nice." I heard a voice at the door, I jumped and turned the music off using the wireless remote.

"Jesus!" I shouted. I placed a hand over my heart and tried to calm my breathing. "You scared me."

"Sorry." Mr. Styles apologised. "Your music was a little loud."

"Sorry." I said repeating what he said.

"It's okay." He smiled a little. I went over to my bag and pulled out a couple of pieces of paper that were paper clipped and handed them to him.

"What's this?" My teacher asked flipping through the pages.

"The paper you asked us to do." I explained.

"That wasn't due for another two weeks." He said giving me an odd look.

"I know, I finished it." I held my breath wondering what he would say.

"Okay?" He said with a questioning look. There was a sudden silence that filled the room and I noticed just how close I was to him, his eyes wondered over me and then he coughed a little- like clearing his throat, I looked down and realised that while practicing my piece my shirt had become hitched up at the waist and was currently showing my stomach. I pulled it down and fixed myself, luckily the bell sounded and I was able to make my quick exit.

This is the first time we have had a conversation and it didn't turn into an argument not that it means anything it is just nice to talk to my teacher without it turning into a screaming match. I entered my first lesson and sat down in my allocated space and got out my books ready to start but my phone buzzed.

From Unknown:

What no argument? I got my popcorn ready for nothing- A

I rolled my eyes and put my phone back into my bag then looked towards the teacher.

***

I sat down in English and prepared myself for his lesson. After about ten minutes, Miss McKenzie walked in and put something on Mr. Styles' desk smiling sweetly, the whole class is reading or writing an essay so I doubt they noticed the love sick smile on her face, I thought it was sweet but for some reason I felt this ache in my abdomen, I don't know whether it is jealousy or just plain hatred for the women even though I have never spoke to her. Mr. Styles whispered something that was inaudible to me and looked over, I quickly tried to pretend that I wasn't just staring at them but it didn't work, Miss McKenzie gave me a kind smile and waved slightly, I smiled back and nodded my head then looking back towards my book so they would stop looking at me.

It worked.

I watched the rest of their encounter until she finally left- now I sound like the stalker, shit I sound like A. After class had finished Mr. Styles asked me to stay behind. I walked over to his desk and when the rest of the left he shut the door after them wishing them a nice night.

"Your still not going to tell anyone about Miss McKenzie and I are you?" He asked cutting to the chase.

"No, I told you I can keep a secret." I sighed not wanting to have this conversation.

"I don't want anyone knowing Sky and I mean it." He said sternly.

"Okay I got it." I said reaching for the door. "And don't call me Sky, that name is reserved for my friends."

"Got it Miss Marin." He said as I turned around to leave. "Wait you dropped this." I spun around to see the A note open in his hands- holy fuck.

"What?" He muttered as he read it, I snatched it out of his hands and put it behind my back.

"It's nothing, forget you saw it." I rambled, I scrunched up the note and put it back in my back, stuffing it down the bottom so it wouldn't fall out again.

"It's obviously not nothing." He muttered looking towards me with a harsh gaze.

"Forget about it." I said.

"Are you being threatened?" He asked with a clenched jaw holding onto my upper arm.

"No, no of course not." I lied.

"You're lying." Mr. Styles growled.

"I'm not and I have to go." I struggled out of his grip and left the room, running out to leave the school. Then, of course, my phone bleeped.

From Unknown:

Ooh that was a close call, keep me a secret and I will not hurt you- A

A/N

Thanks for reading, the follows, the comments- you're all beautiful people.

DEDICATION TO: @amyw17

GUESS THE SONG:
'I got a heart and I got a soul, believe me I will use them both. We made a start be it a false one, I know. Baby I don't want to be alone.'

~Jadey6688