Ch. 16

Days had gone by before Rose, Jacob and Renesme made it to Italy. The young hybrid sat on top of the shifter's shoulders, staring in awe at the city around her. She was amazed by every little thing, which put a smile on the blonde vampire's face. Rosaline, known for being moody and non-caring was in fact terrified. She couldn't believe this was happening. Her cove brother meets his singer, they get married; have a child. That's all Rose had ever wanted and Edward and Bella were just going to throw that all down the drain. And for what? What was the true reasoning behind their motives? Why would they want to send an attack to the Volturi kings of all people?

Red eyes loomed over them, the two vampires watching the vegetarian and shifter walk through the streets, the child oblivious to anything around her.

"We must let the kings know they have arrived." Oliver told his mate, who was looking at their surroundings.

"I can't believe this is all happening. It's like Candace is cursed with bad luck..." Ashton huffed before sighing sadly. "Those vampires are stupid to believe they'll win this battle. Especially with their own coven turning against them."

"Some vampires think they are above other, mi amor. The seer and mind reader have always been special interests of Master Aro's but since meeting their mate, they've devoted all their attention to her. Then that newborn... who dares to abandon a child? The one she died to give birth to." He growled.

The brunette placed a comforting hand on his boyfriends' shoulder. "She only wanted to become a vampire, my dear." He shook his head. "The child just helped her achieve that goal faster."

Oliver hissed under his breath and the two were off to the castle, to inform the kings of the new arrivals.

In Forks, a week later, Bella's father, Charlie, was humming away to some 80's rock band playing on the radio, cooking some steaks up for him and his new found girlfriend, Sue Clearwater, who was making the salad; smiling and laughing at the sheriff. The older man started to whistle as his phone began to ring.

"Hey, Bells. How's the vacation coming along?" he asked while flipping over the steaks.

"Its fine, dad. Edward and I have been having a... great time." She told her dad, without any details of course.

Flashback, 4 days ago:

"Yes, Rose, I just made it to Volterra." He huffed on the phone. "I am a grown man you know. I can find my way on my own, without getting lost."

"You literally ended up in Canada one time."

"Yeah. And?"

"We were supposed to go to Utah."

"Not my fault they don't make the signs bigger."

"We're vampires, honey, it's called enhanced vision." He knew she was rolling her eyes.

"He may have enhanced abilities but being able to find his way around is not one of them." Carlisle joked, listening in to his adopted children's phone call.

"Not you too..." Emmett groaned, getting in a cab and heading for their safe house. "Oh, ad Jasper will be one day behind me instead of two. We think Alice is catching on to what's going on faster than we originally thought."

END FLASHBACK

"Renesme is really missing you, Bells. Any idea when you're coming home?"

"We were thinking of catching our flight earlier. We miss her a lot too." She was lying, but he would have never guessed. "We were thinking of coming back tomorrow actually."

"No one would be home though."

"Oh really..." acting as if she didn't know. "Do you know where they went?"

"Carlisle just said they decided to take Reneseme to visit some family. I forgot where though. Do you remember, Sue?"

The Quileute thought for a second. "I think Jacob said they were going to Canada?"

"Canada?"

Flashback, 3 days ago:

Jasper sat on the plane, holding his breath as he was surrounded by so many humans.

"Its not much longer now..." he thought to himself. "But that was too close, even for me.

He thought back to the conversation he had before boarding his plane with his wayward lover.

"I really don't have to tell you where I'm going, Alice." Jasper said, irritated. She wasn't his keeper.

"And why not?" she asked, sassily. "You are my husband, Jasper-"

"Not really, Alice. You and I both know we fell out of love along time ago. You didn't think I wouldn't notice when you came home smelling like another man? A human man at that. You never told me you were going, just going out. So, I don't really need to explain myself to you."

"Jasper, please stop acting like this!"

"Acting like what, Alice? Like my own person for once?" he tried not to raise his voice in the vicinity of all the humans around him. "I need to get away for a while. To clear my head. I need to get away from you, at least for a few years."

"At least tell me where you're going please!" she begged, the fake sadness in her voice making him cringe. "I need to know that you'll be safe. That you won't have another accident."

"Its been a few years since my last one and you know it." How dare she! "That night at Bella's party would've been avoided had she not even be there in the first place!"

"You don't mean that-"

"Stop telling me what I do and don't mean!" he took a deep breath. "I have to go; my flight is about to leave."

"Wait Jas-" he hung up.

Sighing, the blonde empath looked out the window as the plane made its decent into Italy.

"Welcome home..." he thought, his heart feeling lighter already.

END FLASHBACK

"I don't know, do any of them have family there?"

"I know they have family in most of the states and some friends in Egypt, England and-" Bella stopped, coming to the realization. "Italy..." she whispered so faint Charlie barely heard her and didn't see Sue tensing besides him. "I've got to go dad; we have an early flight and I still have to pack."

"Alright. Bye Bells, I love-" she hung up. "you..." he sighed before fixing up their plates.

Sue patted his shoulder and kissed his cheek. "Children..." she tried to joke.

Charlie chuckled before kissing her lips. While he excused himself to the restroom, Sue quickly pulled out her phone.

"She knows..." she told the person on the other line. "Bella knows where you've gone..."

"Then let them come." Jacob growled, the vampires around him hissing. "They don't stand a chance. You got Charlie?"

"Of course. Be careful Jacob."

"I will, Sue. You two stay safe. If you have to take Charlie and stay at the Rez for a while. Sam knows not to let them on our land."

"I'll bring it up tonight. We'll head out tomorrow."

"Take care, Sue. See you when this all over."

They hung up, but Sue couldn't help but feel something bad was going to happen. Something no one could come back from. She hoped her feeling were wrong.