Chapter Ten: Could the schemer be a glitch?

It has been a week since the last incident- and it ended with my hair being cut off. Apparently, manually untangling it seemed impossible because my hair was really really stuck. Cedric's hair was stuck to it too but since he was a royal, it would be treason to touch his royal locks. I did not argue any further as it was such an exhausting day and I'd rather have get it all done with.

And so, on the premise that no one touches the prince's hair (a request by Viveca), Jamie gently and swiftly cut off my hair. With a snip, I frowned at my fallen locks as Viveca immediately untangled my stargazer barrette off of Cedric and gave it to me. I don't even know why the adults still looked at us and did not offer any help but rather just provided us with a pair of scissors. 

I frowned at the memory. Now, I am stuck with a bob cut. To be honest, I don't really care because it feels breezy and fresh. However, my overreacting mother would look as if she was going to faint  every time she had her eyes on me. She was really furious the first time she stared at my unevenly chopped hair from the incident. With a speed quicker than a cheetah, she brought me to a hair salon and almost cried when the only remedy was for me to have short hair. I cannot blame her though; having my long silky hair cut off was really a waste since it received a more than usual amount of love and care for hair. 

As for the other kids, well, they were still visiting as usual. But, they temporarily stopped since it was summer and . . .

WAIT! IT WAS SUMMER! Which meant-

"Marcella?" A very familiar voice came after knocking on my bedroom door. 

I ran excitedly to open it and my eyes landed on two of my favorite people in this place! 

"Augustus! Myron!" I extended my arms and gave them a hug to which they both responded to and thus resulting to a very dramatic group hug.  Even if it was just a little more than a month that we have not seen each other, I still awfully missed them. Especially because they would always bring me treats. 

I broke out of the hug as I gave them a very satisfied grin. 

"You cut your hair?" Augustus was quick to notice as he stared at my new hairstyle.

"AND IT'S STILL PURPLE?!" Myron exclaimed. Oh right. That expressionless little mage had not yet reverted my hair's natural color. Dang it. Oddly though, my purple did not really seem to look out of place anymore and I just kind of gotten used to it. Even my mother just let my hair be and said that if that's what it takes to seduce that little mage, then I have to do it (take note that she was telling this stuff to me- an eight year old kid). No matter how many years have passed, mother was still fixated on the idea of me having my own reverse harem and ruling the world. 

"Ah, that . . . " I started to explain the whole incident.

Both of them were quiet while I was talking. It wasn't when I was ending that they changed their expressions to that of someone with the intent to kill.

"WHERE THE HECK ARE THOSE JERKS WHO DARE TO TOUCH OUR PRECIOUS MARCELLA!" Myron started yelling. He radiated an aura of intense anger. 

"Marcella," Augustus, on the other hand, seemed quite calm. However, his appearance may seem in complete poise but his smile gave me chills. Oh boy. "Wait here, okay? I'll just get my sword."

They were both starting to walk outside. On a normal day, I would appreciate a little bit of gore and the splash of blood, but since I have to think of the future outcomes after the would do the act, I had to stop them. Sigh. After all, I'd rather forget about that incident and just let it pass. Besides, there are still tons of opportunities to avenge my fallen locks in the future and vengeance is best when done on your own.