Part 21:

Jo

"how are you feeling?" I asked Lucas.

"like I was hit by a damn truck where these damn folks at wit my medicine." Lucas said while pressing the button and I laughed.

"I wanted to say thank you for-

"you straight you know i'd do anything for you." he said and I smiled and was about to grab his hand when Gigi walked in.

"I hope I'm not interrupting." she mumbled.

"you kinda is." I said while sitting back.

"and your problem is?"

"my problem is where the hell where you when yo fiancé was in here fighting for his life you low down bitch." I snapped, while standing up.

"jo sit." Lucas said as he grabbed my arm , I rolled my eyes and sat down. " Gigi where the fuck you been." he snapped.

"I been with my family, and when I came back home I saw Joy's body so I was cleaning the house up." she said.

"Joy's body?" He asked. I looked down and played with my fingers.

"yes Joy's body someone murdered her in the middle of our living room."

"security?" He asked.

"everything was wiped that's the first thing I checked." she said while wiping her crocodile tears, he grabbed her hand and kissed it, and I couldn't help but feel my heart ache because that was supposed to be me not Gigi.

"I'm gonna check on king." I said as I got up.

"congratulations." Gigi said as she sat on the bed.

"yeah thanks." I said as I walked out of the room. My phone started to ring and I answered without looking at the caller ID.

"what." I snapped.

"Josephine?" Terrance asked.

"Terrance." I said as I walked outside.

"hey haven't heard from you, you okay?" He asked.

"yeah I'm fine a lot of family shit you know." I said with a small laugh.

"so about that date?" he asked.

"Terrance it's not a good time Lucas is in the hospital and I just had Kingston-

"woah you had the baby?" he asked.

"yeah." I said.

"how are you feeling? do you need anything?" He asked and I did a small laugh.

"thank you for being a good man, but I'm okay really you should put your interest into someone else without all the complications." I said while looking around.

"complications? Josephine I'm not going anywhere." he said while laughing.

"Terrance-

"I'll give you a minute but I'm always one call away." He said before hanging up. I smiled to myself and turned around and almost ran into Noel.

"Hi." I said surprised.

"hey." she said while smiling, she looked healthy and she was glowing Pryce really balled out on her.

"you look good." I said.

"thanks I wanted to talk to you about something." she said and I nodded. "the family house I want it." she said.

"the house?" I asked while mugging.

"yeah Pryce told me that you inherited the business and the money, mom and dad didn't give me anything I think I deserve the house." she said.