"Where to Princess?"

Roxy hated school sports games. The mindless cheering, the false school spirit, the testosterone apes out on the field. But her cousin Leslie, a freshman at Kleppers Senior, had recently made the cheer squad and needed her own cheer leader.

"Thanks for coming Roxy." Leslie giggled and gave Roxy a hug, her golden curls bouncing against her back.

"No worries kiddo." Roxy ruffled her cousins hair, and Leslie leapt out of reach, hands up to fix her do. "Need a ride home?"

Leslie shook her head and glanced behind her at the gaggle of cheerleaders waiting for her. "We're going out for pizza." And with that she was off. They grow up so fast.

By now only stragglers and players were left behind. Roxy pushed off against the wall she was leaning against and turned around, her back to the field, and headed towards the car park. As she was about to duck behind the bleachers, she looked to her right and saw a girl sitting on the bottom step.

Her lean body was tucked in on itself, chin rested on her palm, other arm wrapped around her legs. A curtain of dark silky hair obscured her face. Even from here, Roxy could see she was miserable.

Roxy walked over to the figure, hands in the pockets of her baggy jeans. Girls like her don't travel alone, they come in packs and are surrounded by people and parties and the thrum of life. And probably some ken doll of a boyfriend.

"Hey, it's Evie right?" Roxy asked casually, and the girls eyes snapped to hers. Yeah, she's breathtaking. And she knows it. Eyes filled with surprise, her pretty mouth opened into an 'O' shape before she closed it. "You following me now?" Roxy teased, filled with wicked satisfaction when Evie blushed.

"No." Her voice was high and sweet like a lullaby. "I came with my friends. When they wanted to go I said I'd wait. I thought my boyfriend would drive me home." Her voice turned sour and she looked down at her feet, toying with a pebble underneath the toe of her boot.

Yep. Friends, tick. Boyfriend, tick.

Roxy shrugged and ran a hand through her hair. "I can give you a lift if you want." Evie looked up sharply and Roxy raised her arms in surrender.

"Don't stress hun. I'm not making a move on you, if that's what you're worried about. My girlfriend would have my head. And if it's serial-killer vibes, then you'd be a lot safer with me than by yourself." Roxy said, struggling to keep the laugh out of her voice.

Evie scowled, and the look was cold and harsh. But then she looked down at her outfit, with its price tag of double zeros and at the town around her. Uptown girl indeed.

"Like it or not E, you don't belong here." Roxy said as she started to walk towards her car, not waiting to see if she's following. A second later the click click click sound of heels on gravel could be heard.

Roxy hopped into her old Jeep, a black convertible that had seen better days. She watched as Evie got in and bit her lip. So sexy.

"Um, so I don't live-" Evie started but Roxy cut her off.

"Around here. I know, you're from Mount Georgia." Evie looked over in surprise as Roxy gunned it down the highway.

"You remember me from the party?" Evie blurted out then clamped a hand over her mouth.

"What party?" Roxy asked and her grin widened. "So you have been following me."

"What! I-no-uh." Evie stuttered, cheeks filling with heat. Roxy chuckled. "I have not. I just saw you at the Jose's party that's all." She quickly went quiet, probably deciding not to incriminate herself any further.

But the truth was, Roxy did remember that night. And she remembered Evie. I mean, who could forget her? She'd looked a knock out in that little red dress. But Roxy wasn't about to tell Evie that.

Instead she said: "Your clothes are the giveaway. Multiple designer tags, that stiff fit of being brand new. Besides, you look too "clean" and innocent to be from around here." Roxy shrugged. But Evie stayed quiet, staring out the window, nervously fidgeting with the necklace around her neck. Great trick to make a persons eyes drop down to your assets. Roxy looked back at the road. But I doubt she's doing that on purpose.

Soon they were in "rich town." Mansion after mansion, each more elaborate than the rest, more like palaces than homes. Roxy was about to ask for specific directions when Evie groaned and dropped her head onto the dashboard.

"What?" Roxie asked in alarm, slowing down a little. "Forget your address?"

Evie ignored the jab and said: "I forgot about the fancy ass ball my parents were throwing. And it's still happening." Roxy let that settle in. Who are these people? Fucking royalty?

Evie turned to Roxy and said brightly, "How about a milkshake? My treat." Roxy opened her mouth to refuse, but somehow found herself agreeing. Damned curiosity. Could never resist a pretty face and spontaneous plans.

So she said: "Where to Princess?"

A/N: Credit to WyvernInk for the drop-dead gorgeous character manipulation she made of Roxy. I am in love, it's exactly what I was after. Thank you again!