42» That Truth

Grace's POV
« NOW »

When I gained back my consciousness, I couldn't help but feel the same lightheaded feeling. Like the one I had passed out to.

Passed out.

I opened my eyes abruptly. At first, I just saw white. Only white. I gulped, thousands of questions crowding inside my head.

How did I end up here? What place is this? Why was I feeling like this?

That's pretty much when realization hit me.

I had come here with Cynthia. The Research Department. The laboratory. Those fumes. Cynthia.

A groan escaped my lips as I tried sitting up. However, something pulled me back, preventing me from getting up. I arched up my head and looked around. It was a room, a big white room. I could make out the translucent glass walls. There was nothing in the room except for the bed I was laying on.

Almost like a hospital bed.

Except that this was just too white.

I tried sitting up again but something pulled me back. This time, I focused on my hands and tried to move them.

Something was tied around my wrists.

And ankles.

I raised my head and noticed thick leather bands tied around my wrists and ankles, keeping me in place. I rested my head back against the soft bed, tears of frustration clouding over my eyes.

How could I have been so stupid?

"Don't blame yourself, hun." I froze at that voice. Raising my head again, I was surprised to see Cynthia, in the same clothes I had seen her before in. I was in my same clothes too. The clothes I had worn to school today.

I didn't even know what time it was. How long had I been away from my home?

"Let me go!" I glared at her, struggling against the bands tied around my wrists. They were extremely tight and there was practically no way I could've escaped.

"You see," I heard her heels clicking against the polished white floor as she walked over to my left side. "I cannot do that. I cannot let you go."

"Why?" I willed myself to not cry out loud. "Why am I here? You said you'd freaking help me!"

She gave me one of her stupid sympathetic smiles. "How am I supposed to help you, hun?"