Chapter 22

Yuichi's POV

We ran down the stony cold corridor, splatting enemies along the way. 

"H-Help, Help us A-agents. P-please," a voice said quietly. I turned around to see a jail filled with octolings girls and boys, Many were hurt, bleeding, even without a limb or a part of the body, stitches everywhere. It hurt to look at. I felt myself wince but walked up to the jail. 

"Yuki, Keys please," I said thrusting an arm out behind me in Yuki's direction. She gave me the keys and I proceeded to open the gate. After what Eri- Kaguya did to me I didn't want to trust any other octolings except for Koutarou but my gut told me this was the right thing to do and I trusted my gut. 

"Thank you so much, Agents. Please be careful." They thanked us and hurried off. 

"Alright, Let's keep on going," I said. shoving the keys in my pocket and looked back at Yuki and Koutarou and smiled broadly. 

They looked surprised at my sudden smile but grinned back. We kept going after that. I felt confident after that. Whatever the cost, I was going to bring Kaguya back with us. No matter what.

Footsteps echoing we ran down the dark corridor splatting enemies and freeing trapped octolings as we tried to find Kaguya and a way out. 

"You guys trying to leave without your friends?" A cold voice asks us, that made us stop what we were doing. We turned around to see Kaguya and behind her were the four idols unconscious on the ground. Yuki gasped and I gritted my teeth. 

"What did you do to them?!" Koutarou yelled. 

"Oh, nothing. They were just in my way so I thought I'd teach them a small lesson." Kaguya replied smirking a bit. She roughly tossed Pearl towards us. 

"Pearl!" Yuki exclaimed and rushed forward to get the fallen inkling. 

"Kaguya! Don't you dare toss the others." I exclaimed. 

"Oh, I don't know~ After what you've done to my underlings. I think tossing them around would make it equal." She said reaching out to Callie. 

"No!" I yell and shot her hand. At the touch of the ink, I shot, her hand disintegrated. She hissed and regrew a new one. 

"Fine. Do whatever with your puny friends. I don't want them anyway. You guys go and leave us and our plan alone!" Kaguya yelled and ran into the darkness. 

"Guys! Are you okay?" Yuki exclaimed trying to wake them up. They weren't dead but it might take a while to wake up.

"Wait! Marie isn't breathing!" Yuki exclaimed. 

"What?!" I yelled back and ran towards Marie and tried to listen to her heartbeat. None. 

"Marie... I'm so sorry." I said. We cried for a bit for Marie's Death. 

"Let's give her a proper burial when we get out." Koutarou said. We nodded in agreement. 

"Let's wait for the others to wake up." I said.