51: FESTIVITIES

It's me, your fave friendly neighbourhood mum friend, reminding you to take care of yourselves and stay hydrated and please please plEAse go to sleep at a reasonable time and do not forgo sleep in favour of reading this fic! I'm flattered, really, but sleep is important!!

 Okay love you enjoy the chapter <3

Discord server, if you're a perfect stranger who knows me too well: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

gg/DSBF4dP

~

"I'm here!" Izuku exclaimed, bursting into the changing room and instantly starting to change clothes. "I'm here, sorry, I got caught up-"

Ochako let out a huge sigh of relief. "Thank goodness! We were worried about you, Deku-kun! There's only half an hour left before the show."

"I know, I know, I'm sorry-" he struggled into the top, getting his arm stuck and squirming- "oops, uh, would you mind-"

Momo calmly stepped forward and unfurled the sleeve for him, holding open the shirt so he could slip it on easier. He grinned gratefully and buttoned it up, then tugged on the orange jacket at the same time as shucking off his shorts, much to the girls' panic. Tenya stood as a human shield whilst Izuku abruptly realised that this was still the past, and they weren't yet used to changing together, and he hastily spewed apologies as he wriggled into the costume trousers.

"You're not running that late, Deku-kun, it's okay!" Ochako yelped, pointedly turned away with her hand over her eyes, the other flailing behind her.

"You don't have to rush, Izuku-chan," Tsu added, tucked under the other girl's arm.

"Sorry!" He spluttered out through his laughter. "I'm just really excited!"

The rest of his outfit was put on without incident, and he kept his new gloves on. Momo stepped forward to do her best in taming his wild curls, only to pause and pluck out a leaf with a perplexed expression.

"What on earth were you up to, Izuku-san?" She inquired with a note of bemusement, starting to carefully brush out the ends of his hair.

"Well, my hair's already green, but I wanted to become one with the forest," Izuku responded absently, too busy trying to tie his tie normally to focus on what he was saying.

Sero let out a bark of laughter. "What?!"

His words caught up to him and he raised his head with a grin. "Oh, yeah, I did this ceremony a couple of months back to align my energies with nature so I could become more powerful, and, uh, I guess today my efforts have come to fruition because a leaf has finally grown! I can be like Shiozaki-san in 1-B!"

"Bro, you have got to teach me to lie like that," Eijirou cackled.

"It's pretty easy. The first step is turning off your brain, and- ouch," he hissed as the brush caught in a knot.