We Are Going On A Trip-23

Chapter 23
Ryder's POV
Monday

I woke up early this Morning cause I wanted to get on a call with Jaxson. From the conversation we had last time he seemed to have information about the Rouges and the Fox spirit.

I sadly had to leave Layla but I didn't want to wake her yet. It was 5 in the morning so she could get a hour more of sleep before school.

Once reaching my office I pick up my phone calling him hoping he would be awake in California. Sense there is a time difference of 3 hour it is 2 there. But if he did go to sleep at least I can leave a message.

But luckily he was awake.

"Hey? What are you calling me for? Actually I have been meaning to call you." Jaxson say.

"Really? What for?" I ask

"As you know every year the royal pack makes a big deal over my birthday and I am planning on inviting all the ranks from each pack to come to my home and have a party." Jaxson say. It caught me off guard cause normally he hates doing things for his birthday.

"What's got you in a party mood?" I ask jokingly.

"Well. Alpha Strong." He says using my title lightly. "As you know I found my mate a while ago but some things happened that perverted me from introducing her to all the rank packs besides your. But now that everything is better and she is doing better I think it is time for everyone to meet her."

"Really man. Congrats." I asked cause I only spoke to him a few days ago.

"Yeah, you remember when I told you she didn't come from the best environment. well she wasn't in the best state. The old Alpha from that pack came back and tried to take her from me, but now that she is comfortable here and more confident I plan to introduce her to the world and not just the royal pack at the party." He explains sounding irritated by his mates past pack. I would be too.

"That sounds like a good plan. I am excited to see her again along with Layla. When is the party set for." I ask needed to know to make preparations to leave.

"In 3 weeks. I hope that is enough time for all the alphas to prepare." He says.

"I am sure they will manage. But I wanted to ask you about something involving my mate." I told him.

"Yes What is your reason for calling me?" He asks going into business mood.

"Well you remember are last conversation about the Rouges and the Fox?" I ask hoping I didn't have to remind him.

"I do. Have you found out who the Fox is and what she wants."

"Yes I did. It turned out to be my mate Layla. Apparently the Fox spirit sent is to similar to a humans to tell the difference." I explained.

"Oh. So she was running around cause of you." Jaxson says thinking he figured it out.

"No. She didn't know this was my land. She just came to the park outside my borders and ran though the woods. But that's not the problem anymore." I tell him.

"Oh. Then what is the problem."

"The problem is the Rouges. Yesterday they demanded a conversation with me and a messenger said they wanted the fox, Layla."

"And that can't happen. We don't know how the fox spirit works. We don't know if they could get power off of her. And she is your mate which puts her under my rule." Jaxson says reasoning out the reasons he can get involved.

"How about this. You come to my pack next week if possible. I will look for more information on the fox spirit and we can try and plan something before the party day. This will also give our mates good time to bond sense they are going to see each other a lot." Jaxson jokes.

I think about his plan making sure that we could leave in a week. "That sounds good to me. Me and Layla will leave in a week and I would like this information, about Layla being a fox spirit to just be between us. At least till after the Rouges are taken care of."

"Of course. See you in a weeks time then." Jaxson says ending the call.

"Yes. Goodbye Jaxson." I say using his name to tell him a friendly goodbye.

"Goodbye Ryder." He said and I hang up the phone.

I run a hand down my face. I don't know to label that a success or not. At least Layla will be away from the Rouges making them less likely to attack when what they want is her.

I move back to the room to maybe lay back down for the next 30 minutes but I walk into find Layla already up.

"Hey, where were you?" She asks probably not liking waking up to find me gone.

"I was in my office. I made that call to the Alpha King, Jaxson." I reminded her.

"Oh yeah. How did it go. Did you get information that can help." She asked.

I laid down next to her saying "Not really. He is going to help us but he needs to find the information first. We are also traveling if that's ok with you?" I ask.

"Where are we traveling to?" She asks.

"Well it is Jaxson's birthday soon and he just found his mate as well and is introducing her to the kingdom at his birthday party. All the ranks of each pack are supposed to be there. So you, me, Luke, Jess, Jace, and even Emma, now that she knows about werewolves." I tell her.

"Ok when do we leave, and for how long?"

"We leave next week. The others can come along later if they want but we leave early so we can discuss the Rouges with Jaxson before his party and we will probably be gone for 3 or 4 weeks. The party is 3 weeks from today." I tell her.

"What about school?" She asks worried.

"I got that covered. The assistant principal is a werewolf and will let us miss school." I explain

"What if the Rouges attack?" She ask. I am happy she is thinking about the pack.

"They won't. If your not here there would be no reason to attack." I explain settling her worries.

"Have you met Alpha King's Mate before? What's her name?" Layla asks now thinking about the trip.

"I haven't he met her himself only a month ago. And I didn't get her name. But I do know she came from a pack that didn't treat her well. So when we go I want you to try and be kind to her and friendly." I tell her wanting her to become friends with each other.

"I don't see a problem. I am sure me and her will be good friends." She said with a smile.

"Good, cause me and Jaxson are good friends and I want you to be close to them as well." I say explaining why I was so focused on them being friends.

"Well sadly we have to get up and go to school." I said then hearing her whimper snuggling more into me. This is going to be interesting trying to get her up.

Author's notes:

Hey guys I hope all of you are safe and heathy. This chapter was a first in awhile that I have done in Ryder's POV. Tell me if you liked it. I might do more with him.

Bye, bye crazy people.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|