˗ˋ 05

CHAPTER FIVE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH DUMBLEDORE SPEAKS

. . .

"Miss Rosier, this behavior is unacceptable." Dumbledore leaned over the desk, hand gripping the edge of the wood. Remus and Pandora stood in front of him, the Slytherin far more confident as she twirled her wand between her fingers.

Clearly not worried about what had happened, the Rosier girl stood with an attitude that only someone like her could acquire without looking stupid, taking the chance of being in the headmaster's office to take a look around. 

"Reminds me of home." Pandora said rather suddenly, not in response to what Dumbledore was saying but completely of her own accord. 

The headmaster stared at her, somehow utterly flummoxed by a person for one in his life. "Perhaps a little more homely here than I would expect." She continued, moving from where the two teens were stood.

Her heels clicked against the wooden floor as she walked over to one of the sets of shelves, picking up a spinning instrument and flicking it, sparks appearing alongside a particularily large puff of smoke. 

The girl jumped slightly as the sparks hit her fingers, and the instrument tumbled from her hands. She didn't even try to pick it up, and the Headmaster and Remus watched as a small cloud of butterflies stopped it from hitting the floor just in time, returning it to it's usual place.

"Miss Rosier, if you would please leave my possessions alone." Professor Dumbledore stumbled with his words, and Remus's gaze drifted from the girl over to the headmaster.

It was apparently not just him or the many other students within the school who were completely unnerved by Pandora Rosier. Even Albus Dumbledore - the incredibly powerful wizard that he was - seeemed to not exactly understand her.

Without so much as rolling her eyes, Pandora returned to her position beside Remus, folding her arms across her chest. "Continue.." She said, waving her hand. "I'd like to hear my punishment now."

"Not so fast, Miss Rosier." Dumbledore replied. "Miss Rosier, you have been at Hogwarts for precisely fourteen hours and thirty four minutes. And since then, you have harmed Mr Lupin on various occassions, broken another student's personal belongings and destroyed school property."" 

Pandora's eyes were still drifting around the room, counting on her fingers as Dumbledore listed the items. "I suppose I can't take credit for the destruction of school property. That wasn't me." She replied. 

"Oh?" Professor Dumbledore exclaimed, finally looking towards the Gryffindor prefect. "Mr Lupin, is this true?" 

"Well.. I-" Remus began, glancing between the girl beside him and the headmaster of the school. "Um.. Pandora didn't look anywhere near the statue." He said. "It was the butterflies."

"Yes. The butterflies." Pandora blinked up at him. "They are.. admittedly the thing I have the least control over." She didn't seem to fight the smirk that came to her face.

"Well, then I suppose I am unable to give out a punishment for that particular incident. However, as Mr Lupin here will be rather aware, you have a tendency to make others uncomfortable." Dumbledore began, holding up a hand to silence the girl as she opened her mouth.

"Miss Rosier, you have missed five full years of schooling here at Hogwarts. That may be of your own accord, however, whilst you had control over that, you can not disobey the rules of Hogwarts simply because you have not needed to abide by them like your peers have." Dumbledore continued.

"I can not sit by and watch as you make the students of my school be subjected to such treatment as you have shown them." The headmaster said. "And since your appearance last night, you have been rather physical with Mr Lupin. Which is quite frankly, unacceptable."

"I see." Pandora unfolded her arms, looking towards Remus. "Then perhaps Mr Lupin can be the one to tell me that he wants me to stop. Because so far, he has not actually told me anything like that. Just you and his little friends."

The Rosier girl's head tilted to the side, a challenging smile appearing on her face as she met Remus's eyes. "Go on, Wolfy, tell me what the old man wants to here."

The Lupin boy just stared back at her, eyes wide. "Wolfy?" He repeated, and he seemed to mouth words aimlessly, no sounding coming out. "But how did you-"

"Did I what? You don't think I spent those five years doing absolutely nothing. Mythology was a particular interest of mine." Pandora stared up at him. "Something to add?" 

"No.. No I-" Remus stuttered, looking between the headmaster and the girl. "No.." He repeated.

"Mr Lupin, a word please? Miss Rosier you're free to leave. You can find your way to your first lesson." Dumbledore said, and clasping her hands together, Pandora straightened up.

"Thanks, Professor. Many apologies for the statue." She turned on her heel, and left the office. But as she descended down the staircase and it was once more hidden by a gargoyle statue, she decided she would wait for Remus.

And get his answer once and for all.