Disaster Strikes

Morgianna did not have a clear view of the men in front of her but judging by what little bit she had seen she had to guess what they were pirates. As they did not give off any indication of their presence one could only guess that there was some type of device that cloaked them.

That also meant that they were blind when it came to knowing just how many others were on the boat. 

"Oi, get out of the way so we can see the pretty girls. It's been months since I saw a woman but even a young one will do." The men were looking their way se imagined a starving man looked at food and it made Morgianna sick.

Fafnir was glaring with open hostility, daring the men to make a move so he could rip their heads from their stinking bodies. "And if I refuse?" Fafnir felt his fingers turn into claws, not even having to force them to shift. If he were to look in the mirror he would see slitted eyes staring back at him and hints of scale running along his chin.

The men did not show an ounce of fear at his change, instead, they grew even more excited.

"Did you see that boss? A partial shift, he must be strong."

"Should we try to take him alive?"

"I wonder what the women are.."

As the men conversed amongst themselves Morgianna and her group had begun slowly backing away. If they used magic recklessly they would just alert the men of their plan.

Just as they were about to reach the edge an arrow pierced the deck next to their feet.  "Tsk, trying to leave before we even had time to get acquainted, what naughty guests we have here." Above them on one of the ship's masts was a man who was dressed much nicer than the ones they had previously had the displeasure of meeting. His face was well-groomed and his hair was combed neatly. To compare him to the men prior the only thing they would have in common was location.

In a swift motion he lept from his perch and landed gracefully in front of them. His sudden appearance spelled trouble. "Hmmm not bad if I do say so myself. A dragon, I have not seen one of those in quite a long time. The last one passed to quickly for me to find out where their hiding place was, but you won't disappoint me the same will you?" The man smiled but it held no warmth. If Morgianna could compare it to anything it would be a shark who knew you were its dinner.

The man turned his attention to Morgianna and Myra and tilted his head, breathing deeply through his nose and closing his eyes as if smelling the best fragrance. "Oh ho ho what a lucky catch indeed. A dragon and a basilisk in the same place. Tell me, pretty lady, does the carpet match the drapes?" Myra hissed in his direction, which only earned her another creepy smile.

His eyes then shifted to Morgianna and turned to present moons. "You my dear are the real prize though, aren't you? I'd say you hold more power in your little pinky than the other two combined. Why don't you come a little closer? I won't bite, I may even let your friends live since they are such magnificent creatures."

Fafnir released a low menacing growl and shuffled to block the man's view of Morgianna. At that the smile on the man's face vanished. His eyes were like two onyx pools, there were no white visible. "I was speaking to the lady, move."

The tense air only grew heavier and Fafnir did not budge an inch. His clawed hands flexed as if imagining themselves clenched around the man's throat.

"If you know that I have power then let us leave, if not then I will send this ship to the deep." Behind Fafnir Morgianna stepped to the side leveling her gaze on the man. Her face was one of calm indifference, a mask that hid the rage she felt bubbling inside from the moment he had opened his mouth. She had never been so quick to anger, but ever since she released that huge amount of power during her small fight with Necro she found that her emotions were volatile.