43(i)

As Titli took her exit from their room, Koustav got some relief. He had to make a few important calls. Ria on the other side had gone to the doctor's house along with Mita. Dr.Parimal had previously called Koustav's father for checking Ria. When the ladies left the home, instantly he dialled Tuhin's number.

Tuhin was getting down from the bus, while he saw Koustav calling. He got no cabs due to hike of cab-fares during pujo. He picked it up and started walking towards his house.

Koustav listened the whole story as Tuhin described it." Now they want to meet Romy! I stopped Nabila from going deeper in this situation. I'm fed up of this man. All my pujo plans are gone....Don't tell Ria anything.", Tuhin breathed in a go.

" Who am I to say her or hide from her ? Your girlfriend might have already told her!", Koustav abruptly stopped. Tuhin entered his house.

" Talk to you later. Enjoy the festive season. Happy Pujo Vai",he added. Tuhin gulped down some water and returned the greeting, before ending the call.

Both the mother & daughter-in- law were happy as Doctor's checkup went well. Approx the mid-June was declared as the arrival of the baby. Being too happy with the news of being a grand parent, Mita didn't forbid neither Ria from taking Titli nor Adrij's home coming on Doshomi.Koustav was on call with his business partner.

The evening passed in a blur at the hall. Some sweet melodious bits of old bengali song kept coming from the loud-speakers of the locality's Pujo pandal. A few pujo greetings had arrived from Romy and Nabila and her college friends but no one gave her any news regarding Ujaan.

Soptomi:

The next morning was Soptomi. The whole locality woke up with the bit of Dhaak. "Pujo is on.",Koustav murmured as he woke up and found Ria nowhere. The room's door was kept wide open. Through that opening he heard voices of Titli,Ria and his mother coming from downstairs, so he decided to be there after showering. Though every October brought unbearable sadness and painful memories along for these last 3 years. Inside the shower,Koustav remembered the sudden joy in the voice of his business partner as he declared five days off from work.

" See you can rest as the doctor says....but if you do some regular or basic works before your University starts, you will be more flexible till the last week arrives.", Koustav heard his mother saying it to Ria. She was now serving breakfast to everyone. Mita had another reason to be happy as Nilima had gone to her sister's place early that morning.

That afternoon Ria draped a grey-colored saree, Titli forced her to wear a sleeveless reddish-maroon blouse along. She had no idea how her husband would react. Koustav sat patintly at the hall. He wore a maroon kurta today. When Ria followed by Titli,came out of the room Koustav just paused for a moment. With her hair opened and that saree she looked like some fine portrait. Ria expected a few words from him, but he said none. Just showed them both the watch.

On the other side, Adrij waited at the fixed place eagerly. As he saw Titli walking towards him, he got relief. The teen couple were followed by the older from a distance."Still not tired for being a guardian?", Ria asked as the evening passed into night. She had started to feel tired. " No....",Koustav replied.

"Adrij! Its getting late now!.... Reach home safely...", Koustav grabbed his cousin's hand and bid the poor boy bye. Ria suppressed a smile and bid him too.

Soon they reached home. Mita and others were still not home. Leaving Titli downstairs, Ria got upstairs. Koustav was having a smoke in the balcony while she entered the room. Rubbing thd butt of the cigarette, he came inside and whispered in her ears," Next time, Don't forget to put on Kajal! It was missing today."