15

He felt the dampness of the wind brushing against his skin. While the flutter of cold breeze played with his soft hair. He leaned against the fence, inhaling the fresh rays of new sun. The sky still had the remnants of shining stars as it was still a little dark. Oddly enough, he remembered the young boy who was like a shining star with no desire to burn.

"Uncle Zhan!"

The mellow person looked behind to find a boy rubbing his eyes with one hand while holding his lucky socks in the other. Does he keep that with him all the time? Xiao Zhan mused at the thought.

"A-Xin what are you doing here?"

"I was looking for you." He said in between his yawns. Qi Pei Xin came back from his sleep over, the next evening. He went straight to his uncle Zhan's room and told him about the events that happened. He proudly announced his reunion with his friends along with their conjoined school tour to Chonqing in few months.

Pei Xin kept his uncle Zhan awake till mid night and before he knew it, he fell asleep. Xiao Zhan didn't want to disturb him so he let him sleep in his room. The little one was already pretty clingy to him and Xiao Zhan didn't mind. He probably came looking for him when he woke up realizing he wasn't in his room. Was he his mama duck?

"Come here." Xiao Zhan gestured Pei Xin to come over and he obeyed, still with half open eyes.

"A-Xin, look high up the sky and tell me what you see."

"Aaaaaa sky?"

Xiao Zhan chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"A-Xin look again." Xiao Zhan pointed a direction with his finger.

"Wait for it." Xiao Zhan said with little excitement filled in his voice.

Xiao Zhan made Pei Xin look at the sky filled by dim stars receding with light. The colors of twilight mingled with the reminiscence of the night. Little glitters spread across the sky, hiding one by one teasing the sun. And just before the yellow of the bask spread its wings, one isolated star shone the brightest reflecting the last memories of the night. Pei Xin had his eyes bulged out.

"Fascinating isn't it?"

Pei Xin nodded mouth agape.

"That star, only shines this time of the day.

"You know what I call it?"

"What what?" Pei Xin jumped excitedly ready to unveil the biggest mystery.

"Little star." Xiao Zhan proudly declares

"What?" His excitement died down the drain hole. Xiao Zhan chuckled at his exaggerated expression and ruffled his hair. Qi Pei Xin was disappointed a little.

So unoriginal he thought.

"Because it shines just for a little moment and disappears completely. You can't find it in the night." Xiao Zhan elaborated. It wasn't actually a star but the planet Venus. Being closer to the sun, it would only shine at the dusk. But Xiao Zhan liked to call it a star, only shining when it wanted.

"How would you know of such a thing?"

"How I wouldn't know?" Xiao Zhan winked and Pei Xin jumped up, discovering something really beautiful. Of course, his uncle Zhan was always the coolest. He would proudly boast about it to his friends.

"A-Xian! A-Xin! Where are you?"

The two heard the familiar voice, they exchanged a small giggle and returned back.

. . .

Everyone was already sitting at the breakfast table even though breakfast would take time to serve. The family had decided to take a short trip since everyone was present after a long time. They all agreed immediately but the moment Xiao Zhan heard the place they were going he forgot how to breathe for a moment.

Luoyang.

Wang Yibo's home town.

Xiao Zhan excused himself and went to his room to 'pack' for the 'happy' trip like everyone else except there wasn't any happiness. He wasn't depressed either. He was pissed. What a way to ruin a lovely morning.

Xiao Zhan and the cause of his foul mood attended the high school together in Jiujiang, they stayed together till university but Wang Yibo disappeared. He knew that Wang Yibo wasn't in Jiujiang anymore. The only information he had of him was that he returned to Luoyang but even that was told to him months later by his Uncle Bowen. The Jiangs weren't familiar with the Lan family and he never brought it up either. Zhuocheng was more than familiar with Wang Yibo but he rather cut his tongue than mention his name.

Xiao Zhan wanted to distract his train of thoughts when he remembered that he still hadn't reported to the Psychiatrist about his day. Why not complain to him and ruin his mood as well?

To his surprise he had received several messages from His Psychiatrist. He decided to reply to Ziyi Jie's message first.

Call me when you're free.

Meng Ziyi's short and to the point message. Somethings never change.

And he dialed the number. His stuff was already packed and he didn't want to think about the 'happy trip' yet. He could use a little distraction.

The bell rang only two times when Meng Ziyi received the call.

"Zhan!"

"Hello Ziyi Jie! Sorry I took longer to call. Are you busy or this time is alright?"

'It's alright. How are you?'

"I've been good. How's Yubin?"

'You know him. Too mischievous to stay put.'

Xiao Zhan swore he could feel her eye roll through the phone.

"Was it something urgent?"

They rarely call each other unless Ziyi wants to scold him. He still had her personal number blocked. It was her hospital cell phone.

'Oh, no no! your doctor asked me to call and ask if you were alright. You didn't reply to his messages he complained.'

"Oh?"

Was he worried? Xiao Zhan hadn't checked his messages so he wouldn't know.

'That's all you have to say hmm?'

"Oh, No! I mean, I was just busy. You know how Jie jie is."

Meng Ziyi gasped at hearing that.

'Say that again!'

"What?!"

'What you said just now.'

"You know how jie jie is?"

Xiao Zhan knew what she wanted to hear exactly. She was once very close with his sister and she knew that Xiao Zhan never called her that before.

'Oh My God Zhan!! I love you so much I could kiss you!!'

"Eww Jie! You know I'm gay."

'And you know I'm too.'

Both burst into laughter. The heavy atmosphere around him seemed to disappear without him realizing and he ended up talking to her for 20 minutes. He used to talk nonstop, slowly but surely; he was getting there. He knew he could try.

"Ziyi Jie can I ask you something?"

'Sure, ask away!'

Hesitantly Xiao Zhan asked. To be fair, he didn't want his doubts to be correct. He never wanted to have anything to do with Wang Yibo or his family ever again. Or maybe he did?

"Can you tell me about Dr.Liu?"

--------------------

Sorry for those of you, who were looking for romance. We will get there, let them heal first. 

And  take care of yourselves.