45» That Escape

Grace's POV
« NOW »

Strong arms gripped my shoulders before pulling me up. I blinked, looking around. But once again, it was all blurry.

Still blurry.

"Grace!" A voice hissed at my face.

I blinked and blinked again but I really couldn't make my eyes focus onto the person right in front of me.

"Here. Drink some water." I felt a smooth glass surface against my lips before I gulped down the water, the cool liquid flowing down my throat, which for some reason was burning a little.

For one second, nothing happened. But then, ever so slightly, my stomach churned involuntarily as I blinked again. My vision started getting less blurry than before.

It did help.

I rubbed my eyes with my fingers, the numbness slowly going away. The pain wasn't excruciating, but it was bad. I almost wished for the numb feeling to come back.

My back hurt so bad. My wrists hurt so bad.

My wrists. They weren't tied!

I opened up my eyes and saw a familiar man in front of me, looking at me with apologetic eyes filled with guilt.

"Grace, you need to leave." He said.

"What?" I whispered, realizing that he had managed to untie the leather bands around my wrists.

"We've just got few seconds before one of them comes here to check up in you." He stood up from the bed and motioned at me to get up. "Come on. I know a way where you can escape from."

I remained still in my position. My insides felt numb and sore. I didn't remember what had happened yesterday, or was it even yesterday.

"Jonathan?" I whispered.

He looked down at me impatiently. There was this panicked look in his eyes, as if he really shouldn't be doing what he was doing right now.

"You...refused to help me?"

"Yes I did, Grace. But what they're doing...I can't let them do that. Marcus would never forgive me if he would've been here." And there was guilt in his eyes, as if he should've done this earlier.

I swallowed, scrunching up my forehead as I looked around the familiar white room. Nobody was here besides Jonathan and I.

What time was it even?

I nodded slowly before pushing my legs over the edge of the bed and standing up. He wrapped a supporting arm around my shoulders when I felt my knees buckling themselves. My stomach felt hollow. My head was aching so bad.

"What did they...do to me?" I asked with a wince when a sharp jab of pain went through my back.

He shook his head and went over towards the metal doors. As he pressed onto one of the buttons, the doors opened and I felt him stiffening beside me. He looked outside cautiously before pulling me along.