Chapter 39

Aelia's pov

*Trigger warning, panic attack*

-

"So Aelia, how's everything going with your girlfriend?" my father asked

"She's not my girlfriend, dad" I said before sticking a fork full of pasta into my mouth

My eyes scanned the restaurant we were currently in. The atmosphere, so laid back, the high beaming ceilings and the eclectic décor worked wonders for the ambience. The inside area looked warm and inviting whereas the outside was surrounded by a beach, its waves and the moonlight reflecting its occasional twinkle on the calm splashes in the water. It was mesmerizing, the food was almost heavenly.

My father had just finished giving his campaign speech, it went better than expected.

"My bad, how's everything with Luna?" He corrected

"We're great, The fundamental thing about her is she gets me. Just like everyone else, I have certain traits, characteristics, and quirks that can be kind of annoying to people. For some reason, she doesn't find those things annoying" I said

"You sound like you're happy" My mother said smiling

"I... I am" I said proudly

"I'm not inviting your mother to their wedding" My father said to my mother

"Excuse you?" she gasped

"You know damn well your mother is a bitch"

"SHE'S DEAD" my mother spat

"So?! I still feel her eyes on me when I shower. It's like she's everywhere" I facepalmed at my father's words.

"Mister Green!" A man who just walked into the restaurant yelled out to my father, he ran right over and held his hand out to my father

"Hello there" my father greeted

"I just wanted to say I'm a huge supporter. You've got my vote sir. Goodnight everybody" the man waved

"Thank you sir, you're helping us out alot there. What's your name?" my father smiled

"Slavic, some people call me count Slavic" the man said chuckling.
"I'll get out of your hair now, goodnight everyone" he said waving a goodbye

"Someone has fans" I smirked

"It's a blessing for being this pretty" My father said flicking his imaginary hair behind his back. I laughed

"Can we go now, I have assignments to complete" I said pushing my empty plate in the corner of the table, neatly stacked with the other dirty wares.

"Sure, let's go" my father said placing a few bills on the table

We left the restaurant and hopped into the car. Luna was on my mind, she hasn't texted since she left. I missed her, I missed her vanilla scent, I missed her arms around me. I missed her soft kisses.

Maybe she's just asleep since classes have been poking her sides everyday. Or maybe she's in some girl's bed-

The devil on my shoulder said. No, Luna's not like that, I know she cares about me. But still, I almost brought myself to tears by over thinking.

The drive home was short, I was pretty exhausted from practice today, I helped my dad with his speech for hours, then I attended his conference which was another few hours.

My head leaned against the car window, the sky was tar-black and the large clouds were moving towards me. I heard a tapping on the window and then it became a pitter-patter of the rain

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, I checked the notification and saw a few messages from Luna. A smile came to my lips

"Goodnight Aelia" my mother said running into the house. The sound of thunder distracted me from my screen. I closed the car door.

The sky roared, Puddles began plinking as the rainfall became heavier. The roofs of the cars danced with spray and I could hear the murmuring of the rain through the window. It sounded like the buzzing of angry bees. My eyes glanced back to my phone screen

Droplets of moisture began to drip from the leaves. They were sprinkling onto the grass like a gardener's hose. Then the rainfall became more intense. A wall of rain moved over the oak and the drops were drumming against the canopy. So much rain was falling that the sound blurred into one long, whirring noise. It reminded me of the rotor blades on a helicopter.
With the water washing over me, I checked my message.

-
Luna🌙: *Sent an attachment*
-

The smile on my lips disappeared, The sadness drained through me rather than skating over my skin. It travelled through every cell to reach the ground. I filtered it yet strangely enough, I kept what was pure and it was the dirt that left.

I couldn't breath, I couldn't move and I started crying.

Every other emotion pushed from my being. Where there was the love, the light, the laughter is an aching hollowness. How could she do this?
Why would she do this? I was honest, truthful and full of more love for her than you can ever understand.

I have been soft, kind and gentle - yet apparently all that is negated for what?. And people wonder why girls hide behind false stupidity. All I am is a girl. I guess that's all she saw me as.

I fell to the ground, the rain pounded against my body, The sadness flowed through my veins and deadened my mind. It was a poison to my spirit, dulling and killing off other emotions until it was the only one that remained. It was as if a black mist had settled upon her and refused to shift

This couldn't be right?
There's no way she'd do this to me
Right?
I don't want to believe it, I really don't.

You're my baby now

It kept repeating over and over and over again. She knew I didn't trust lex, she knew. Was this on purpose? Was this just for a quick fuck? Was I just a quick fuck?

It felt like my ribs were caving in. I love her, I fucking love her. I saw my entire life with this girl.

I felt everything and nothing at once. It was like a flowing river, cold and unending. It washed all the goodness out of me and left my a mere shell of what I had once been

I felt like I couldn't breathe, it was suffocating. My chest felt tight, my body trembled as I cried. The image of Luna's hands trailing up lex's back haunted my thoughts. I closed my eyes shut, there's no way this is happening.

I felt broken, I felt used.

My phone buzzed once again, I pulled every once of strength I had and got up. I walked my soaking wet body to the door. I walked into the room and locked the door. My body slid down the door, my fist clenched and my chest started to heave again.

The tears kept pouring, it was never ending. The tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face. I feel the muscles of my chin tremble like a small child. My phone kept buzzing. My eyes glanced to the screen to see a photo of lex laying on Luna's stomach, their lips attached.

As much as I tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from my throat in the form of a silent scream. The beads of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping. I hit the wall and tried to scream, but my voice was melted by the sound of the place. The muffled sobs wracked against my chest. The world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds. The taste. The smell. Everything was gone. The last painful emotion slammed against my before I lost the feeling of feeling. Everything darkened into nothingness as I passed into the oblivion of unconsciousness.

-
A/N

Even I'm crying. 😳
Poor Aelia, I'm sure we've all been there right?

BTW, I keep seeing unusual ship names LMAO. Someone said lex and Dani 💀 I guess not anymore huh?

What's your favorite ship?