Chapter 9

Bakugou grabbed the unresponsive girl, picked her up bridal style, and rushed towards the door.

The fog was coming in quickly. Without thinking he slammed his body against the only thing blocking their escape, falling against the wall opposite as the wood frame splintered around them. The blonde boy pulled (Y/n)'s body closer to him, gasping as the fumes from the fire began to fill the air. He inhaled deeply, holding his breath as it began to surround them both.

They barely managed to make it down the stairs before the fog came spilling onto the floor. It rose ominously, mixing with the smoke.

"(Y/n)! Bakugou!" Someone called out, their voice echoed around the room. Bakugou squinted through the mist as (Y/n) shook in his arms, covering her ears weakly as she tried to block out the cries of the civilians outside.

"Stay with me, idiot, you gotta calm down, and keep holding your breath!" He grunted as he struggled to locate the direction of the voice.

The person called out again. This time the voice came directly ahead of Bakugou and (Y/n). He ran forward, finally finding the exit of the inn.

People frantically ran down the street as their houses burned around them. Blue flames licked at the stalls in the market, consuming anything in its path. Creatures that had managed to escape their cages scampered down the streets or took flight, unfortunately not all of them were as lucky.

Kirishima ran towards the two of them, alongside him was Todoroki. Their eyes were full of worry as they saw (Y/n) curled up in Bakugou's arms, her face buried in his neck, "What happened to her?"

"I don't fucking know! She's freaked out!" His voice sounded angry and frustrated, yet it held a tone of worry as he looked down at the shuddering girl. "Where the hell is Deku and Pink Cheeks?!"

"We lost them in the crowd!" Kirishima yelled back, trying to be heard over the sound of agonized screams.

"Fuck it. We have to get out of here." Bakugou responded, heaving (Y/n) up into his arms as he began to lose his grip. The extra weight was putting pressure on his stitches, but he simply clenched his jaw and dealt with it.

Todoroki grabbed his arm, "We can't leave them here!"

"We're dead if we stay here Icyhot, I don't wanna come face-to-face with that burnt face bastard or his cannibalistic friend after what happened last time!" He growled angrily at Todoroki before turning around to Kirishima, "Shift, Shitty Hair!"

Kiri frowned, but complied, morphing into his dragon form and lowering his wing down for Bakugou to climb on.

(Y/n) peeled her face away from Bakugou's shoulder at the sound of his shift. She gulped loudly, her eyes red and puffy, "We're leaving them?" She croaked. Bakugou didn't respond, only carried her onto Kirishima's back and sat down. "No... No, we can't leave without them." She was slowly regaining her senses as the screams began to die down, finally feeling herself coming back to reality. She had seen this in her dream. That dream was a vision, and it was happening so suddenly she felt like she couldn't breathe.

"You're a coward Bakugou." Todoroki glared at him, making no move to join them.

Bakugou sneered, "Says the Prince who ran away because he couldn't deal with his pathetic excuse for a family."

Kirishima took off into the sky, beating his large wings rapidly as they rose high into the air, leaving the fiery abyss and Todoroki behind them, shielding his face from the sand that was swept into the air.

(Y/n) turned in Bakugou's arms, looking down at the burning town. On top of one of the buildings stood two figures, staring up at them as they left with sickening grins. One of them was the man from before, his hands glowing blue as he scorched everything in sight, and the second was a girl, however, they were too far up in the air for her to make out any detailed features aside from her blonde hair.