Meeting 2

The nurse knocked at the door exactly 30 mins after the previous patient.The patient came at the exact time.

Jin looked up from his notes.

The patient entered into the room.
She looked thin and her eyes looked red.

Jin smiled and asked the patient to sit .

She sat.

Jin asked, "what is your name?"

She answered ,"Lee Ji-eun"

"What is your age?"
"16"
"Do you have any part time jobs,etc"

"I don't have any part time jobs but I am a trainee"

Hmmm. Jin thought being a trainee is extremely hard which also includes harsh criticism on your appearance and considering that most of the trainees are very young,they take these criticisms very harshly,and try to shape and show themselves to please others ,maybe that's also a reason why  companies choose young people,it is easy to mould their minds and most of them are probably scared of the elders (manager s,bosses etc).This is also partly due to the strong hierarchy system in Korea.

He said,"So on the form it says that you have bulimia"

"Yes."

Jin asked, "since when do you have bulimia?"
Lee ji-eun replied,"Since I became a trainee at the age of 14"

Jin was genuinely concerned for the trainees.Goodness knows how many trainees are like that because they were criticised or made fun of.But he didn't let any of the concern show on his face.

"Were u criticised by your company or bullied by your friends?"

Lee ji-eun answered ,"In our company ,there are monthly assessments,and girls who weigh more than the desired goal are laughed at by the other trainees and our managers make us do extra workouts ,mock us and don't even give us food till we have reached the desired weight.I was laughed at once and I didn't like it.We already work very hard and because I wasnt the desired weight the managers and the trainers treated me very harshly.School is hard too.I had to go through all my schedules etc almost without any food.I was just given a salad each day. I didn't want to face that again so I started vomiting my food.I have reached the desired weight.I want to stop but I just couldn't.My insides are kind of pushing myself to vomit again and again.I know that bulimia is a mental disorder and I don't want to have it.i never wanted to do it anyway ,a manager forced me to"

She started sniffing " I am scared.I searched up the internet and the symptoms were very bad.I wanted to get well and saw that getting medications would help"

Jin was very angry at the company.He looked at the girl ,damn the society.
And searched symptoms probably told her that she was going to die.
(A/n yk what I mean web MD and google just tells you.to get in the coffin)

Jin said ," Do you really want to stop,are u emotionally ready to stop?"

Lee Ji-eun replied,"Yes.I don't want to do it.I never wanted to anyway."

Jin said,"Don't be scared.You are only facing the physical symptoms.I am going to prescribe some medicines and if you have a mental urge to throw up or have negative thoughts about your appearance please get therapy.Right now,you seem to have no mental qualms about yourself."

Jin prescribed some Prozacs and SSRIs (they help in regulating the serotonin levels . Serotonin levels become imbalanced and they cause the person to want to throw up)

Lee ji-eun said,"Don't worry doctor.I am going to quit this company and work for another one.I already got calls from other companies.I am young I can make it."