Chapter 16 {SAM}

Sam

I watched as the clock that hung on the wall ticked, as if it was mocking me. I'd been sitting in this spot for hours, just waiting for Dani to finally return home. It'd been five years since I last saw her or the guy who posed as my older brother growing up, Nate.

I wasn't angry at them, to be honest. Sure, it upset me at times, but I understood. I mean, everyone knew Dani was an anxious person. I'd be lying if I said I didn't see it coming, even at 9 years old.

My mom felt anger and sadness about the whole situation, though. I honestly think she's been depressed for a while now. I only hoped that Dani coming home would help her.

I have to be honest, I was happy for Dani. I think deep down she always wanted to experience New York. That's where our dad was born and raised.

"Oh, I think that's them!" I heard my mom shout from the doorway.

I glanced over, seeing her and Amanda squeezing hands in the doorway as they jumped up and down like kids.

"Its them, oh my god," this time Amanda squealed. "It's them Sam!"

They didn't wait a single second before sprinting out the door. I, on the other hand, took my time getting up from the couch. I watched from the doorway as they all hugged for what seemed like forever.

It's not like I wasn't excited to see them, because believe me, I was, I was just nervous. What if she doesn't even recognize me? What if she's disappointed in me or embarrassed be me?

As I grew more anxious, I began to feel pressure build up inside of me. I didn't want to hold it in, that'd only make it worse when I saw Dani. Giving in to my body's strange tendencies, I let my eyes squeeze themselves shut. No big deal, it was only one.

I let out a sigh and stepped outside, crossing my fingers that everything would be fine.

"Hi Dani," I grinned, deciding to finally speak as we made eye contact.

"Hey Sammy," Dani teased as she walked towards me, both of us smiling uncontrollably.  "You been holding down the fort around here?" 

"Oh yeah, mom here caused lots of trouble, ya know."  I joked.

Dani now stood directly in front of me, my height towering over hers for the first time in my life.  It'd really been that long? 

"When did you get so big?" She pouted, puffing out her bottom lip as she pulled me in for a hug. "You're supposed to be a skinny little brat with a buzzed head and squeaky voice."

I let out a laugh as I hugged my older sister back.  God I missed her.  But I also wasn't upset that I finally had some height over her.  This would make pestering her that much easier.  Well, assuming we're not too old for that stuff now. 

Then I began to wonder, would things be different between us now?

"I'm 15 now Dani." I defended with a laugh as I ran my fingers through my hair, pushing aside negative thoughts. "The ladies aren't into baldies anymore, they prefer the F-boy side sweep."

Then I felt the urge again.  But this time, I couldn't let it happen;  I had to hold it in for Dani.  She'd be crushed. 

"Ehem." I cleared my throat as the urge got stronger and I knew I couldn't hold it in much longer.  Looking down, I began to rub my eyes as a cover up. "Sorry there's something in my eye."

After a moment of rubbing my eyes, I looked up and my eyes met Dani's. 

"Are you about to cry on me?"  She teased as she ruffled my hair. 

I began to laugh.  Phew, she bought it. 

"The ladies like us sensitive nowadays, don't you know?"  I joked, shoving her hand away from my hair. 

"Who in the hell told you that?"  A deep voice called out from behind Dani, making me freeze.  "You didn't go soft on me, now did you?" 

Nate.

"No, but I bet you did."  I shot back at the guy I once looked up to. 

He approached me quickly, shaking up with me like we used to do. 

"So, hows Creepy Cassie?" Nate joked as he leaned against the railing.

~~~~~
AUTHORS NOTE

Surprise! It's a Sam POV haha. What'd you guys think? I know it's a short chapter, I just didn't want to give you guys too much of an insight into Sam head, just enough to hunt at what's going on lol.

Anyways, since this chapter was so short, my authors note is going to be a little long haha.

How is quarantine going for everyone? Hope you all are staying safe and healthy ❤️

I am working on sooooo many stories at once for you guys right now it's unreal haha. 

Anyways, I've been thinking a lot about how much I struggled when I first published Night Terrors on here and decided I wanted to change up this authors note from the regular ones I do with a few questions for you guys to answer in the comments....

What's something that holds you back from writing and/or publishing your stories?

What's something that motivates you to do so anyways?

And now drop the title of your story for others to read... (yes, I'm actually condoning people promoting their stories on my own lol). Now go to someone else's page who left the title of their story, give it a read and leave them both positive feedback and constructive criticism! I know it sounds sooooo cheesy, but this seriously helped me out so much in the beginning. Hearing what other people like and don't like about your story improves your writing a ton.

Anyways, if you enjoyed this chapter leave a vote and maybe a comment, have an amazing day(;