chapter 6

It was Sunday, and everyone was at home. Zarkhan was going to relax for the day, but he did have plans to go and meet Haarij in the evening, who was also back in town finally.

It was already 1 pm ,but Ain hasn't come down for lunch. She went to her room to study around 10 am. Her exams were nearing and she tried to spend as much time studying as she could.

Raisha entered the room a er knocking, only to find her head in books. She looked frustrated. "What happened? Aren't there any plans for lunch today?" Raisha asked, touching her hair.

She looked at her and sighed "I have been trying to solve these numericals for two hours, but still can't. I hate physics!" She complained like a baby pinching her lips together . she had completed her whole course once, only physics numericals were left.

"Come for lunch now. I will find a solution for your problem." Raisha said, patting her hair . Ain went to freshen up quickly and then headed downstairs.

They had lunch , and Zarkhan was getting up from his seat , when Raisha said "Zarkhan can you help Ain in physics? She is facing some problems with numericals." Ain closed her eyes tightly hearing her and hoped that he would deny. " please, please no! I will cram numericals, please not him." she thought with her breath stuck in her throat.

Zarkhan looked at her bent head and said "Okay! Ask her to get her book, I am in the living room." and headed towards the living room.

"Ain go get your books." Raisha told her.

"Aunt.....I think I will manage…” Ain said, playing with her hands nervously.

" He is very intelligent. Trust me, he can help you. Go now." Raisha said and Ain got up.

She got her book and notebook, but kept standing on the stairs biting her lip. His back was towards her. She really didn't want to take his help but she couldn't deny Raisha as well.

She took a deep breath and headed towards him. He was sitting on the large sofa. Ain looked at the small one at some distance, but it wouldn't have been possible to understand from there. She kept standing a er placing her things on the table, looking nervous.

"Sit." Zarkhan said, pointing to the space beside her. Ain sucked a breath, not seeing any other option. His cold eyes were scaring her, she wanted to run away.

But she sat down, placing some distance between them. "What do you need help with?" Zarkhan asked, looking at her. She quickly picked her book and started fumbling around trying to find the page. She let out a breath once she found it. " these ones." She said in a small voice.

Zarkhan read them once "Hmmm, open your register." Zarkhan said and looked at the nervous fairy sitting beside him. She reminded him of Tinkerbell, small and cute. She was wearing a light pink dress with a matching dupatta covering her. The dimple on her chin got his undivided attention, which showed and hid as she bit her lower lip.

Zarkhan took the register from her and began teaching her how to solve the numericals. Ain couldn't understand a single word because she was so anxious, but she kept nodding as if she understood anything.

Zarkhan could see through her act. He asked her to do it a er he answered the query, but she just sat there blankly.

"Focus, what I am explaining to you." Zarkhan said in his cold voice and Ain lowered her eyes at once. His hard voice scared her to no extent.

This time, she tried her best to focus on the method and she was finally getting them. They studied for an hour, and that time was extremely difficult for her. She thanked Allah as he went through all the numericals and asked her to practice them.

She quickly took her things and was ready to run upstairs, when she heard his voice "I just helped you. Are you forgetting something?" Zarkhan said, as if scolding a child.

Ain hurriedly mumbled “Thank you!” and rushed upstairs.

She placed her books on the table and fell on the bed, "Focus! Pay attention! I just helped you!" She mimicked him making faces.

"Monster! What does he think I am? A baby? Hunh!!!!" Ain said, pinching her lips and then started practicing the numericals.

At night, Ain went to the poolside as her routine, only to find zarkhan there. He was sitting on the chair with his legs resting on the other chair. His head was resting on the back and his focus was towards the sky.

Just as she turned to go inside, Zarkhan summoned her.

"Come here, I am not going to eat you." He said and Ain stilled. " It feels like you will end up doing just that." Ain said to herself and came near him tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Why were you heading inside?" Zarkhan asked her. Ain didn't look up nor did she answer his question.

"Stay!'' Zarkhan said and closed his eyes. He expected her to follow his instructions. Ain kept standing looking at her hands, she didn't know what he wanted. But when he didn't open his eyes even a er a long time, Ain went and sat beside the pool.

Zarkhan opened his eyes and this time his focus was on his moon, the one who was shining in a light pink dress, looking nothing less than an angel.

-----------------------------------------

Kisny kaha mujhy jeetny ki adat he

Tum saamny ao, me khud ko haar dunga......
____________________
Salaam readers ! Heres an update.