Nick Fury

All characters belong to either Rick Riordan or Marvel.

The snake women were really starting to annoy me.

I couldn't shoot them. For whatever reason, my bullets either went through them or bounced off. There was a brief moment where I wondered if this was it. There was another where I figured I was hallucinating.

And then, out of nowhere, a teenage boy with raven colored hair dashed in the alley and pushed me out of the way of an attack from the monstrous women.

"Get back!" he ordered. I obliged and watched as he seemed to pull a bronze sword out that had an unusual luster to it. The women attacked.

"Perseus Jackson! Long time, no fight!" one woman snarled.

"We miss you in the Pit!" the second cackled. What pit?

"Go to Tartarus!" the teenager--Perseus--barked, charging at them. "I hear the weather's nice down there this time of year!" Tartarus? Down there?

The kid managed to kill them. After he got a swipe in with his sword, they disintegrated into gold dust.

"Thanks," I said. "What's your name kid?" Sure, I had picked up on it from the mid-battle banter, but I figured I should be a little polite, seeing as he had just saved my life and all.

"Doesn't matter right now, maybe later. Were you raised by a single parent?" he questioned.

"No, I knew both of my folks."

"Were they raised by a single parent?"

"No. What's this about?"

The kid thought for a second and I noticed his striking sea green eyes. He had a scar running along his jaw and I noticed another just above his shirt collar that extended down his chest. He shook his head. "Nothing you need to worry about. I doubt you'll get attacked again."

"Am I gonna get a name?" I asked.

He gave me a weary look before gesturing around. "This never happened. I don't exist. We never met. Have a good life, I guess. Stay safe." Having made it clear that I wasn't to speak of the attack, he ran off.

I could've stopped him. I was a trained fighter and I had a gun. I could've got an explination.

I didn't.

After the kid turned the corner, I ran out of the alley to catch one last glimpse of him, but he was gone. I sniffed the air as I noticed a strange scent: sea water.

_/\_

I stood in front of eight highly trained individuals and glared. They seemed unnerved, as they should.

"What'd you call us here for, Fury?" Tony Stark, the billionaire behind the mask of the superhero Ironman, asked. To the world, Tony Stark was the genius behind a super successful business and an ex-playboy. Within the conference room, his status was a bit bigger: an idiot who shot lasers and helped save the world a couple of times.

See, my name was Nick Fury, and I ran an undercover government agency called SHIELD. These eight individuals in front of me had all had their part in saving the world from time to time. Not that they got a lot of credit. No one knew who was behind the supersuits.

"I'm glad you asked, Stark. I was attacked yesterday," I stated as an introduction to the topic at hand.

"I see you're okay though," Dr. Bruce Banner replied. Banner was a true genius and, due to exposure to some radiation, turned into a big green monster called Hulk whenever he got mad.