Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Song: K. by Cigarettes After Sex

Y/N's p.o.v.

I wake up to Colby's head resting on my stomach and his arm draped across my waist. I move slowly to grab my phone and check the time. 3:20 am. I put my phone back down and push my hand into Colby's hair. "Mmm?" He mumbles.

"Baby, I have to use the bathroom." I said massaging his head.

"Mm..K," he mumbles and rolls over.

"Baby I need your help," I laugh.

He turns over and meets my eyes, "Right, sorry." He takes a minute to rub his face, then lifts his body out of the bed. As he is facing away, he stretches and I can't help but notice the way his back muscles move. He starts to walk over to my side of the bed and pulls my wheelchair over. "Come here, baby." He grabs under my waist and under my knees. I wince a bit but he picks me up quickly and places me in the chair softly. He pushes me to the bathroom, connected to my room. He pushes me over to the toilet, "So the doctor said you are going to start physical therapy tomorrow and it should help you be able to get up enough on your one leg to do things like this by yourself." He pulls me up, so i'm standing on my good leg, but he is still holding me because i'm weak. I pull down my pants and sit on the toilet.

****

The next morning, Colby is already up when I wake up. I grab my phone and scroll through Instagram. A strong smell of pancakes start to fill my nose and I smile. On my nightstand there are my pain meds and a glass of water. I grab it and take them. I notice my wheelchair already pulled up next to the bed. There is a sticky note on it, I grab it and it reads, "I want you to try but if you don't want to or cant just yell for me xoxo." Aw, that was sweet. I put my phone back onto the nightstand. I will be able to do this I tell myself. I put my arms behind me and push myself up into a sitting position. My one knee has a brace that holds my leg at a specific angle for healing. Thankfully my other leg is completely fine. I place my good leg, that's hanging off the side of the bed, onto the floor and scoot my body closer to the edge of the bed. I hold onto the chair for support but manage to stand on my good leg and get my other leg off the ground. I quickly turn my body and kinda fall into the chair more than sit in it, because I can't really bend my back that good. I smile, realizing that I did it. I was able to do this on my own. I reach behind me and grab my phone and place it on my lap. I wheel myself out into the kitchen where I see Colby in just gray sweatpants facing the stove with a spatula. I wheel right behind him and wrap my arms around his waist. He stumbles a bit but laughs.

"Baby!" He turns around and grabs my face. "I knew you could do it, you are so strong." He leans down and connects our lips. "I made pancakes." He says as he pulls away and smiles.

"Aw thank you."

"Go sit on the couch, I'll bring them over to you." I wheel over to the couch and use my good leg to sit up enough to get onto the couch. As I am adjusting myself on the couch so my bad leg is propped up, I look over into the kitchen to see Colby looking and smiling at me. He turns around once he notices he has been caught and puts the pancakes on plates. I sit on my phone while he brings the plates and the syrup over.

"So you know how awhile ago you said you would move in with me when we move out of the traphouse," Colby says taking another bite of his pancake.

"Yea, what about it?"

"Well we are moving out in about two weeks and I was looking at places. I really don't want to rent again, and I also kind of don't want to be in a place like this where we can't be loud or film what we want. So i've been looking at houses. I was wondering if maybe tomorrow you wanted to go look at the one I was thinking about. Also don't worry about the price, I would cover it obviously." He smiles.

Wow. Honestly we last talked about this a month ago and it seemed so far out. For a little while I started to think it was too soon for us to move in together. But this month Colby pretty much lived here anyway, and the way he takes care of me after my accident kind of proves that he will be there for me. I love him and I really do see a future forever for us. I guess I am just shocked that he feels the same way. I leaned forward and kissed him. "Of course I will go see it."

His face turned up into a smile. "Its a three bedroom house, in a nice neighborhood. I didn't want something too big or too small. Just right, just for us."

"That sounds perfect." I smile.

"Great!" He stands up and takes both of our plates to the kitchen sink. "Also don't forget your first physical therapy appointment is in two hours." He says from the kitchen.

A/N: Hey guys! I love reading all your comments. I hope you all have a great day!
Also follow my Spotify for playlists and more songs @src08012

-Sam <3