Inflitration and Reunion

Y/n p.o.v
I was walking toward the ballroom in a tuxedo and when I made it to the door and looked inside the room. Students were everywhere either dancing or talking and the staff were doing the same and surprisingly Ms. Goodwitch was dancing with General Ironwood. Penny stuck out a lot because of the Atlas soldiers surrounding her and it seems like Yang was able to convince Blake to come. I continued to look around until Yang came up to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

Yang:I thought you weren't coming y/n?

Y/n:well someone changed my mind.

Yang:and who might that person be?

Y/n:Ruby changed my mind.

Yang:really? Seems like she was able to gain some courage.

Y/n:what do you mean?

Yang:what I mean is that I was the one who told Ruby to go to the dance with you yesterday. But she seemed really shy and said she didn't want to. But thanks to you she seems to have gained some courage. Anyways you should go find Ruby she's all alone right now and you don't want to keep her waiting do you?

Y/n:your right I'll go find her.

Yang then pats my back and wishes me good luck and I walk around the ballroom and look for Ruby and when I found her she was standing next to the punch bowl alone. She was holding two cups of punch oddly enough but I guess she was probably holding one for me. And now I feel like a jerk for leaving her alone for so long and I begin to walk to her. And when I made it to her she saw me and smiled.

Ruby:hey y/n.

Y/n:hey Ruby um... is that cup of punch mine?

Ruby:hm oh yeah sure.

Y/n:oh thanks for getting me some.

I then take the cup of punch and drink it while looking at Ruby who just continued to smile looking at all the other students. While in my head I tried to figure out what was really going on in Ruby's head. I mean she looks happy in the outside but for all I know she might be planning to kill me on the inside. She's probably mad at me for leaving her here all alone for some time and so I gathered up enough courage to ask her if she was okay.

Y/n:hey Ruby are you okay?

Ruby:yeah, why wouldn't I be okay?

Y/n:well I left you here by yourself waiting at punch bowl for some time. And if you are mad at me then I don't blame you.

Ruby:I'm not mad at you y/n because I knew you wouldn't just leave me here.

Y/n:really?

Ruby:yes really look I trust you y/n. But I do have one question.

Y/n:and what is that question?

Ruby:why did you take so long to get here y/n?

Y/n:well I didn't have any kind of tuxedo to wear so it took me awhile to get to Vale and buy a tux and get back here.

Ruby:oh that makes sense.

After that we continued to stand next to the punch bowl continuing to stare at the other students dancing and talking. I felt out of place in the dance I mean everyone looked happy and were having the tome of their life while I felt bored. I looked over to Ruby and she looked bored as well and I decide to ask her something.

Y/n:hey Ruby can you be honest with the question I'm about to ask you?

Ruby:yeah sure. So what is the question?

Y/n:do you feel out of place here in the dance?

Ruby:honestly I do feel out of place. Ever since I was younger I hated going to school dances. Even if I was with my friends I still felt out of place and bored.