Chapter 34: Crash Landing

(AN: Finally!!! Another chapter for you all! I hope you enjoy it. ☺️☺️ Stay safe and healthy my friends! Much love. -Rach)

It was not a long trip to the ground. They were fortunate that the Separatist blockade was unable to get to the gunships as they lowered down to the surface. Alana noted the look of anticipation on her Padawan's face as they neared the ground and the sounds of blaster shots filled their ears.

"Clear your mind, Sylvan! Do not get ahead of yourself!" Alana called over the fire below them.

Before she could respond, Alana suddenly felt the ship begin to spiral.

"General, we've been hit!" called a voice from the cockpit.

"Put her down!" Alana yelled to the clone before turning to the rest of the men. "Hold on!"

Within seconds, there was a loud noise, and they were nearly knocked to the ground. Alana felt as though someone had thrown a brick at her, and the wind was knocked out of her as she lost her grip and went tumbling to the ground, well, the wall of the gunship.

"Ugh," she groaned as everything around her began to spin. She lifted her hand and touched the injury on her face. Pulling her hand back, there was a smattering of blood and she groaned in frustration. "This is the second time," she muttered as she adjusted herself to look around the gunship. Everyone appeared to be alright, the clones were just beginning to stand and try to open the doors of the ship.

"Master Kenobi is not going to be happy with that," Sylvan's voice came from beside her.

Alana swung to see her Padawan was sprawled on the wall beside her, trying to get to a better position to stand.

"He seemed impressed that you had to get stitched up a second time. Now imagine what he'll have to say when he sees you need a third set of stitches," Sylvan laughed lightly as she stood and dusted herself off. She held out her hand and pulled Alana off the floor.

Alana rolled her eyes and wiped the blood from her hands before turning to where the clones were just managing to open the door.

"Wait," Alana said. "Everyone- be quiet!" she said, listening for the sounds outside of the ship.

They all fell silent, listening to the sounds around them. It sounded as though an enemy was marching right around them. Alana could faintly hear whirring and blaster shots, but it did not sound as though they were in friendly territory.

"We must have been shot down in the middle of enemy territory," she whispered, turning to look at the pilot, but he was still in his seat. Alana frowned and moved over to him and taking his pulse. She could not find one and she clenched her jaw. The way he was sitting, the blood smattered across his face, it reminded her of something.

Her mind flashed suddenly to the image of another dead man, laying in a cockpit just as the clone did, blood smattering his face. Only this time, Alana was the one holding the rock that had smashed in his head.

Alana shook herself from her thoughts and stumbled backward, the unfamiliar memory making her shudder.

"What is it, Master?" Sylvan asked, approaching cautiously. She had noticed the shift in Alana's mood.

"We need to get back to Anakin and Obi-Wan," Alana replied, trying to shake the memory away. She could sense Sylvan trying to pry her feelings and emotions, but she quickly shut her mind off from her Padawan. She could not afford to have an unstable mind, nor a distracted and worried Padawan. Not in the middle of a battlefield. Alana moved away from the dead clone, and Sylvan peered at him, her ears drooping down when she realized what had happened to him.