Chapter 19 - Claimed

The rest of the week was uneventful and Ricky fell into a routine. During the day he would work, try to find more info on Mr. Mendova, or check his Facebook messenger for something from Bellini. 

After work, Thomas, Hector or Damon would stop by and pick him up randomly. They would take him out for dinner and talk about this and that. Then afterwards they'd return him to the parking lot where he drove himself home and proceeded to clean a little bit more each day. 

A few times Hector or Thomas would ask if they could stay the night again, to which Ricky turned them down, not wanting them to find out about the break in. The security footage had been conveniently cut right when it happened, so whoever it was had gotten away with it, but the whole thing just confirmed Ricky's suspicions that Mr. Mendova was behind it. 

They eventually took a hint and stopped asking. Instead, they began discussing what sort of things they could do when Ricky stayed the night at their place. By the end of the week, he found himself amply excited, as well as anxious. The anxiety stemmed from the fact that Bellini still hadn't contacted him yet. 

Doubts started running through Ricky's head. What if Bellini was working on getting information to Mr. Mendova first? What if he lied and was setting Ricky up? What if he already conveyed information to Mr. Mendova and Ricky would walk in on Monday just to be told he was fired?

Paranoia kept him up most nights. He'd toss and turn, check his phone, then toss and turn some more. By Friday he felt like a zombie.

Damon was there to pick him up after work, along with Hector. They watched worriedly as he approached them, half asleep.

"Ricky?" Damon asked, putting a concerned hand on Ricky's shoulder once he was in range.

Hector placed a palm on Ricky's forehead. "Are you feeling alright? You've been looking rather drained these past few days."

Ricky pushed Hector's hand away and stepped back. "Sorry, just busy, that's all."

"Maybe we should cut some of our plans out of today's schedule and let you rest?"

"No, it's fine." He insisted. "We're just going to your place, right?"

"Actually..." Damon and Hector exchanged a look. "I got my information from Thomas mixed up. I didn't realize you had agreed to sleep over at the house and thought you had agreed to go on another outing with us... So I booked a resort."

A resort? That sounded nice, but what if Bellini decided they had to meet this weekend? Then again, without work to distract him, he wasn't sure if he could handle another stressful night waiting to see if another burglar decided to break in. 

Without intending to, he switched to his business persona and smiled. "A resort? Sounds good. When we leaving?"

Damon looked perturbed by the abrupt change in Ricky's demeanor. "We'll need to take a flight in a few hours since it's near the ocean. Are you sure you're okay with this?"

"It's a resort. Why wouldn't I be? Besides, I could always sleep over another time."

Ricky, not looking where he was going, failed to make way for a rather large demon entering the building. Their shoulders made contact, nearly knocking Ricky down.

"Watch it!" The taller demon growled.

Unfaltering, Ricky straightened himself up. "I'm terribly sorry, I'll watch where I'm going next time."

"Fucking twink." The other demon growled threateningly. Upon closer inspection, he didn't seem like the usual demon to be coming into Dalton Enterprises. He was tall and stocky, with a square jaw and a mop of dirty blond hair. He wore a business suit though, so maybe he was someone's guest?