Chapter 8; Allies or Enemies

Later that night everyone went to the baths, but I stayed in my room. I was starting to question what I was really doing here, I was sent for information but the handyman hasn't even contacted me once. I was annoyed with him, I sat on my floor and just thinking. I could come clean and try to bargain into getting into the school for real... but I doubt that would happen. I've committed too many crimes to have that hope. I sigh seeing the light in my quicksand disappearing once again, I hated myself... I hated the things I've done, no matter how justified it could look but I knew deep down that this was wrong.

I wished that I'd be able to smile once again, I wish for my brother could love the real version of me, I wish my family was still together... I wish I could remember the faces of my parents. I wish... I was truly happy with my life and past, I wish I was a normal nobody... not in the limelight... not in the shadows... just there... living... breathing... for myself.

I went to sleep that night, curled up in the bed clutching the pillows like my life depended on.

...Dream...

The blur faces of the people in the front seats of the car laughed and talked through a muffled fog, I sat in a car seat beside my baby brother. He'd coo and clap when the blurred woman looked back at him and spoke. I sat there and spoke messed up wordings from time to time, then as the woman turned back around there was a bright light. Red quickly made a thick shield over me and my brother's small body. There was a loud crash and then nothing, everything was silent. The smell of smoke quickly swept through the vehicle as the red liquid fell on top of my and my brother. His cries were deafened by the sight before me, I scrap piece of shrapnel pierce threw the man's head and threw the top of the seat. Sirens started coming from down the road, I was frozen. Tears began to fall from my eyes, the woman sat limp in her seat. My small hand slowly reaches out grabbing hers, it was still warm. "Mama?"

...End of Dream...

I open my eyes and look at the time, '4:45 am' I sigh and pull myself from my bed. I walk down the hall, my eyes staring down. My stomach growls but I ignore it, I wasn't hungry... mentally. "The Dream still haunts me, years later." I mumble as I walk to the door, I need to walk. I was only in a tank top and shorts but I didn't care at this point, all I was focused on was leaving the building. I stepped outside the door, my bare feet hitting the cold blacktop. My skin pricked as the morning air filled my body, I was sore and tired. My legs moved on there own, I was into the woods. My feet walk the path as if I'd walked it a million times, my hair engulfed my body making my body heat stay, heating up my arms and back. My eyes stared down at the ground.

Eventually I stop, I was far enough away that nobody would ever see me from the mansion. I sat down on a stump that was next to another tree, I leaned back and looked up at the sky and felt all my guards and false masks slip away. Tears started to fall as clung to my arms, "m-mom... if you can.. hear me... please... i-I need you." I cry out, my throat quickly becoming hoarse. "I-I just want a hug... I want to be happy." I breath out closing my eyes tightly, "I'm such a bad person, t-they'll all hate me once they find out the t-truth." I pull my legs to my chest as I talk to myself. "I-I wish I would of gone down I different path! It's too late to turn back to the fork in the road and go the right way!" I sob to the heavens... if there is even such a place.

I spent the next hour calming down and sitting in complete silence, being alone with my thoughts was a dangerous thing. I pull my phone out and stand up, I put it up to my ear and listen to it ring.
"Hello?" The deep voice said from the other end of the phone.
"Hey, I hope I didn't wake you." I let out a shallow laugh.
"You know you didn't, I'm always up at this time for my morning run." I heard him put the phone down and hit a button, I assume speaker phone.
"I know, I just wanted to... check in." I let out a small sigh mid sentence, changing my wording halfway.
"That's a lie, what's wrong? If you don't answer I'll go there and drag you home before you can say, banana." I let out a small laugh and the notion and idea of it.
"Just home sick, I miss my bed for one thing."
"Well, everything here is good, your brother is fine and (Y/N), be careful." A small smile crossed my lips before I answer.
"You too, Aaron."

We ended the call and I started to walk back, and got back before the sun rose. I opened the door seeing Mr. Aizawa standing there not particularly happy. "Ms.Chikako, why did you leave the building?"
"I had a disturbing nightmare, I need to walk to clear my mind, Mr.Aizawa, I'd rather not have a breakdown in the quiet estate." I answer back, my head held high and arms crossed.
"Just.. go back to your room." I nodded and noticed a few others already awake, I didn't show any discomfort or paranoia. My scars were all on display and I refused to falter to them. I had to get ready for today's training.

...timeskip...

Aizawa stood giving instructions, I was in a group of three due to the unevenness on the group. I was in a group with Uraraka and Tsu, we soon we walking through the woods to be jump scared by class 1-b. I walk behind of them, I was a little spooked but it wasn't that bad. I heard a small laugh come the bushes, I suddenly feel a yank on my ponytail. I hand presses against my mouth and throws me into a tree hard. My vision blurs as I see a yellow smear jump out and cut Uraraka's arm slightly. I stand up slowly, I didn't know if I should help or stay still. While they were distracted a slipped into the shadows, I believed they could protect them fine.

I walked through the trees searching for something... anything. Fog began to roll in, my breathing quickly hitched and I felt the toxicity in the gas. I covered my mouth not wanting to breath too much in, I coughed and held my breath as much as possible. I was alone, I quickly pull myself into a tree to avoid the gas as much as I could. I sat perched high up in the tree looking for other people,

I hear a low voice speaking to whom I did not know. I watched a man in a long black coat walking past me, I held my breath not wanting to draw attention to myself. I pick up a sharp loose stick just Incase, I was alone after all. He quickly turned and lit the tree ablaze with blue flames, I jump and land a gashing burn sat bleeding on my feet. I stood up looking at him, I was back in the fog. My hand was over my mouth.
"Don't get in the way, wrath." It clicked, he knew who I was and that I was here. Here was working for Shigaraki Tomura.
"That bitch." I growled out as my legs healed themselves.

He starts to leave, I try to get answer but I can't help but cough. My chance for answers was walking away, my body can heal exterior inflictions but gases and diseases I was defenseless against. I quickly start running trying to get out of this gas, I suddenly run into Momo, she hands me a gas mask and I slip it on. I clear my lungs out quickly, I nod at Momo. I start to run off she yells to me, I couldn't be near anyone just incase. I hear a loud crash in the distance and sigh, "fuck this is getting sloppy and ridiculous."

I spent the entire time looking for some meaning place, I finally find a clearing. The fog went away quite awhile ago and still held onto the mask just incase. I see the living portal and another villain, I walk towards Kurogiri. They were the only ones here, I was confused and wanted answers. I cut my arm open and made a dagger, I pointed it at his purple smoke face.
"Answers, sir bartend!" I yell quietly.
"Oh, hello. I'm merely the way back, we are kidnapping Bakugo Katsuki, Ms. Wrath." I grumble under my breath. "As well I was supposed to "kidnap" you to brief you, so please don't resist when the others get here. They are looking for you and I'd rather not force you." I groan and through the knife making it fall apart, I walk over and move a rock atop my blood just incase.

He quickly teleports away leaving me there, Dabi walk into the clearing and nods. "Hey, we need you to be unconscious." I roll my eyes and lean on a tree.
"And how the hell you gonna make that work?" I suddenly feel a needle stick into my neck, I look over at the yellow blur again. "F-fuck." I groan falling into the persons arms.

Everything went black.

...Dabi's POV...

I watch her fall into Toga's arms, "did you get the blood?" It was a simple task and she starts rambling about how she found some to like or some shit. Twice talked as well but I was only half listening. I look over seeing Mr. Compress jumping towards us. He suddenly hit out of the sky, I quickly get on the defense. He's slammed into the ground hard. "Damn it." The portal opens and they try to fight back, but they were weak. The strongest one was useless now.
"LET THEM GO!" The green haired kid yells, his eyes were studying the area.

Everything they tried was defeated, pointless. We walked through the portal, I slowly pulled the kid through and reappeared at the bar. The kid was knocked out by a blunt hit of Magne, we tied him up and discussed about how to approach the situation.
Red Wrath slowly started to come to and stands up from the floor where she was placed. When she made eye contact with Shigaraki it wasn't a look of fear or anxiety, it was annoyance. 'Interesting.'