Chapter 7: Informal appointment

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
Informal appointment
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

So you're simply sitting here, on your couch, in your pyjamas, inside your house of course, nothing unusual. Except one. A gorgeous, attractive man sitting right before you.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," You mutter under your breath which Taehyung hears as you two have been having a staring contest in both of your pyjamas inside your living room.

"It's your fault for cancelling my appointment!" Taehyung exclaims in a simple tone only to earn a frown from you.

You can't even blame it on Hoseok because he didn't know the appointment was going to run this late with Mr Kim and neither did you. But then again, he did have an idea that your relationship with Kim Taehyung right now, is not healthy. You don't hate him, but you don't like him either.

"Alright, what's up?" You lean back with your arms folded.

"I- i don't know? Isn't that why I came to see you?"

You sigh as make yourself more comfortable in your sofa now. "Why did you start drinking?"

Taehyung is clearly shocked at your question as he starts to realise the difference in your tone at home and during work with him.

"You clearly didn't wanna upset your mum by drinking but as soon as you got your new one, you changed your mind. Now I don't know dude-"

"She forced me." He cuts you off. "It was a week after their marriage when that witch decided to show her true colours." You listen carefully. "My dad was obviously too drunk so after guiding him to his room, she came back to me and... switched from her sweet talks to an aggressive one. Out of nowhere, she made me drink a huge bottle of wine and from that day on, I had to sit there and drink with her until I could feel myself. If I refused, she'd threaten to blame me for every single thing that goes wrong in the household while my dad blindfoldedly believes her."

"You were that gullible?" The only thing you ask. "Even as a eighteen year old? Damn."

"She threatened she would sell our guest house. It's the only thing left from my mum."

Oh.

"You're still gullible." You state, lips curving to a pout.

To be honest, you're speaking less as his doctor but more like his annoying neighbour or maybe, just maybe as a friend right now. Judging by the information and his background, it must have been very difficult for him to speak out his feelings. You want him to be more open and less careful about the way he speaks of certain things when he talks to you. He needs to be more carefree and open for you to fully understand him. Therefore you must talk to him informally and try to get the suppressed emotions that he has been holding in, out of his system.

"How am I gullible?" He switches to an innocent puppy. Wow, Kim Taehyung, how are you doing it like that? And here you thought he would get angry and get his emotions out.

"W-well, you should've just-"

You stop in your sentence when you notice the man eyeing your exposed collarbones. "Dude, have you not ever seen skin before?"

"I have." He snaps, "Just not as attractive looking."

Feeling slightly flustered at his compliment, you try to brush it off. "Are you trying to change the topic? Because if you are then clearly I'm not needed anymore." You fold your arms, "You can talk to Jin or someone."

"That's how you talk to your patients?" Taehyung raises an eyebrow, acting offended.

"The one that suddenly shows up at my house without a warning, yes. Plus, we're outside my office, I'm only professional when it comes to my workplace."