𝐀 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 - 𝐏𝐭. 𝟏

𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐭 𝐗 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

As your eyes fluttered open, you realized you were quite thirsty. You shifted in your position and leaned over your sleeping husband.

"Rui... honey...", you said as gently as possible, shaking his shoulder.

Immediately, his sharp grey eyes shot open, groggily asking, "What is it, love?"

"I'm thirsty... the glass is empty.", you said with a sheepish smile.

Your husband quickly sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Okay, wait a minute, love. I'll get it for you. Don't do anything."

He grabbed the empty glass from the nightstand and made his way out of the bedroom.

You leaned against your soft pillow, a bittersweet smile on your face as you looked down at your protruding stomach, your hands gently rubbing it. You were heavily pregnant at the moment, and your husband barely let you get out of the bed, fearing you'd be met with an accident.

You looked outside the window. It was raining heavily, bullets of rain tapping softly against the glass. The rain always reminded you of the day you first met him. Your mind couldn't help but go back to how it all began.

                            ⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

You worked in a small bookshop tucked away in a quiet little street for a few years. The bookshop barely received any customers, except for a select few who preferred the quaintness of the place and the tea and delicacies you served them as a show of appreciation for their patronage.

It was raining heavily that fateful day, and you knew to expect any customer would be futile. With that thought you made yourself a hot cup of tea and got comfortable, allowing yourself to get lost in the book you were reading. The rhythm of rain hitting the roof of the building created a cozy atmosphere.

It was quite a surprise when you heard the chime of the store's little bell and your eyes immediately flew to the new figure entering through the door. The stranger was a tall, slender man with stark black hair. For a moment you debated with yourself if you should say anything.

The door gently clicked shut and the man looked around the bookstore, looking a little lost. You noticed his dark hair was slick with wetness and so was his pale face and his dark form-fitting coat. Feeling a little sympathetic, you decided to make him feel a little at ease.

"Welcome, sir. Um, please take a seat and make yourself comfortable.", you said, feeling a little awkward as you gestured towards the three sofas near a corner. "I'll go get a towel for you."