Chapter 29

The air in the room was thick with fear and anticipation.

Zameer stood by the foot of the bed, his muscles locked in and his jaw clenched tightly. His fists remained by his side and his body stood tall and rigid.

His black eyes were set on her. Completely fixed on her.

She sat frozen under his terrifying glare. She felt shivers crawl through her fresh but fear had her under complete lockdown.

Her mind was screaming at her to run. But her muscles and joints were locked into place.

The fear that she felt, it overwhelmed her entirely. Every fibre of her being was urging her to jump to her feet and run.

Those eyes.

His menacing gaze had her pinned down. But it only took a moment as his eyes shifted down and it was enough to release Sadia from his hold.

Her heartbeat spiked up and blood rushed to her limbs. She was about to move but Zameer was quick and grabbed her ankle.

"Ahhhh!" She screamed. Sadia's legs began to thrash against his hold as her arms flung in the air in an attempt at flight.

but She screamed in pain when her sprained ankle moved too much. But she kept kicking into the air, the pain going unnoticed as her body shifted into a flight and fight response. She knew that she was in a compromised condition and had to get away from Zameer as much as possible.

He wasn't himself. His anger was evident but something else was there as well. Something that she couldn't understand. It was almost as if he was a man possessed.

Sadia kept fighting against his hold.

But Zameer was more powerful and strong and his anger was too great to contain. His fingers tightened around her ankle as he pulled her down. And in that attempt, the IV line ripped off of her arm, making Sadia scream in pain yet again. Grabbing a tight hold of her wrists, he was on top of her within seconds, his knees secured around her waist as he held her arms upon her head.

"LET ME GO!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. Sadia kept struggling and her body thrashed but Zameer quickly covered his hand on her mouth to stop her from screaming.

Her terror stricken eyes stared into his dark black empty pools as his body weighed her down. His pupils were dilated and dissolved within the black of his irises and it so viciously frightening for Sadia that she feared her heart might stop.

This wasn't Zameer Sheikh. It was some kind of monster who had taken Zameer's form.

"Do you have any idea how troubled I already am and with what you did, do you have any idea what it might've cost me?!" He growled at her face, baring his teeth at her like a predator. Sadia saw the anger and fury in his eyes and it frightened her too much. Sadia began to weep silently and scream but she was too weak and she had little strength. She turned her face away from him, not wanting to look into his eyes anymore.

"And you know what, I've given you too much freedom. You need to know what your position is!" Zameer sneered, his foul breath hitting her face and that's when Sadia knew that he was in an intoxicated state and thus very dangerous.

"You have no idea. But you will soon enough." He whispered in her ear, his voice so deadly cold and detached that it sent Sadia's heart into overdrive and before she could decipher the meaning of his words, she felt Zameer's hold on her loosen only for his hands to reach for her Kameez and tear it apart. Sadia was so stunned that she had no time to react as his lips came down on hers and forcefully kissed her. She smelled and tasted something foul in his breath and that where she knew that he was drunk. He wasn't in his senses.