[15] To The Edge

For being a common wolf, she did something that not even Alpha daughters could do in the last decade.

I gulped hard.

What if there were more than one Chelsea's here? What if she was someone else? But the way, Kingston asked those girls about being there. It was understandable that they wouldn't usually come here unless there was some real reason.

She didn't look back at me to not look suspicious by even an inch.

She was definitely the Chelsea I had heard so much about.

As her successor in being the exchange of this year, it was my duty to update her about the outer world.

I needed to tell her so many things about what happened after she was gone.

But how could I reach her?

I couldn't just take her name and ask Amelia to get me there. I couldn't highlight her when she was playing here so safe that she was still alive.

Truly, it would be an honour to meet her.

I could give her a tight hug on behalf of her home and pack, and all the wolves who were aware of her bravery and skills.

But what could I do? I didn't know a thing except for her name.

"What are you thinking?" Nysa asked politely while rolling my hair after doing a partition in the middle.

I chew the apple quietly, gulping down the juice. "Thinking how there were so many pack members there to see Lucine and the announcement about me having four pups in the future. That was freaking embarrassing."

She chuckled. "That happens with every bride here. Lucine observes every single female that comes from outside," she said slowly. "Though, you should be happy that they were mostly grown males and females. If Aunt Pola and Aunt Rose had been there too, they would have started with the taunts already, to make you and Karam actually do it. For now, they are gone to the temple, to stitch the cloaks for the females there."

"Aunt Pola and Rose?" I blinked in question, taking a bite of the apple.

Nysa rolled another strand of my hair and braided it at the back with the strand from other side. "Salome's mother. Anton's mother. Since Robin's mother left, they both had been keen on managing things like she used to."

"My Gran's name is Rose too," I smiled sadly. "Actually, it's Rosalinda. But she likes her nick name more."

"Is she strict?"

"No."

Nysa chuckled. "Then, must you be worried. Because when they come and get to know the predictions from our mouths, they would go heavy on you. The class will begin with observing you first."

"They are the Aunts," I said, scrunching my noses. "Not the real mother-in-law."

"But they have loved brother King, my Robin, your Karam and our Lysar-like their own pups. They won't let you feel the absence of the mother-in-law. Actually, they do make you feel that. Because Robin's mother was a soft one. A calm one. A mystic."

My eyes narrowed. "So, Lucine inherited that mysticism from her?"

"Possible. It's in the blood and also from the influence of her predecessors." Nysa said, standing behind my chair and now braiding from the behind.

I took the bite of the apple while thinking deeply.

Nysa had completely distracted me from my talks unknowingly.