26

I was worried about the fact that Fujio now had two stones. Where I thought we were ahead of the game, he'd already figured out where it was. We may as well have handed it to him.

Well, I suppose we did in a way. I did, anyway.

He obviously didn't know we had Koji's stone, though, but I doubted it would be long before he found out. I hoped that Koji would be okay, but on top of that, I hoped Adam realised that Fujio would be back when he realised that Koji didn't have it. He would surely realise that we were the ones to get it first.

Did Fujio know where the final stone was? Did he know where the box was?

It was difficult to say.

Still, we had to think positively. We knew that Fujio definitely didn't have all the stones, because one was with us. There was still another stone and the box to find. Not that I knew where to start, but somebody had to. Somebody that wasn't Fujio, at least.

But who?

Adam had text me saying he was fine- he just had a mega headache and needed some sleep. That calmed my anxiety a bit. The main thing now playing on my mind was the fact that my Black Prometheum was gone, and there was a very high chance of me exploding and hurting someone, or someone seeing. Last time had been bad, but I'd gone outside just in time. What if that wasn't the case next time? What if there wasn't an opportunity to run outside? I could easily have summoned my knife without anyone seeing if I was inside, but now I would have to be prepared. The anxiety was not helping. Sometimes it was hard to tell if the lightning was beginning to build, or if I was just nervous.

I went to bed feeling pretty exhausted that night, and slept dead right up until my alarm went off. Ever since the incident before, where I'd overslept into the afternoon, I now set an alarm no matter what.

I jumped, for a second feeling very disoriented about what the noise was and what day it was, before my brain seemed to adjust itself and everything in the moment made sense. I switched the alarm off, got up to shower and then went downstairs for some breakfast.

"Good morning, stranger." Jake said, standing in the doorway as I waited for my bread to toast. He was dressed with his backpack on his shoulders, ready to leave.

"Oh, hey." I said. "You alright?"

Jake nodded. "Yeah, not too bad." He said. "I swear I haven't seen you for a while." He narrowed his eyes. "Not since your date."

I laughed. "So much has happened." I said. "I-"

"I don't wanna know the details of your relationship, Millie!" Jake interrupted.

I laughed even louder. "It's nothing like that!" I exclaimed.

"Oh." Jake said. "Well, what then?"

"It's all supernatural related." I said.

"Oh." He said. "Well, I have to go to uni now, but maybe you can tell me all about it later?"

I smiled and nodded. "Sure."

And with that, Jake left.

__________

I sat next to Kate in the lecture as always, and listened to Peter blab on about stuff that I'd yet to get my head around. Irina was sat at the front. We were just about to leave when Peter called everyone to sit down again.

"I forgot to tell you all." He began. "I'm organising a trip to the science museum, but only if the majority of you are interested. So, who's interested?"

Of course, a lot of people put their hands up, including Kate and I. I mean, who didn't love a school trip? Especially at our age. I knew Peter would want us all to see all the Alan Turing stuff, but there was lots of fun to be had at a museum. That included the gift shop.