seventeen

"Mom, Dad, I know you've met Kennedy before, but I figured I'd introduce her again since she's here as my girlfriend now," Wyatt reintroduced me before squeezing my hand. We were standing in the living room at Wyatt's house for dinner on the Friday after our appointment, where we were telling his parents we were pregnant.

"Kennedy, I'm so happy Wyatt decided to date such a sweet girl like you," Mrs. Chandler smiled as she pulled my into a hug. I tried to keep the hug as loose as possible do she couldn't feel my growing baby bump; to hide it, I was wearing leggings and an oversized gray sweater.

"Thank you Mrs. Chandler," I thanked her as we pulled away. Mrs. Chandler backed away and clasped her hands together.

"You two got here at the perfect time, dinner is ready!" She informed us before heading back into the kitchen.

"Let's head to the dining room kids," Mr. Chandler suggested before ushering us into the dining room. Wyatt pulled out a chair for me and I thanked him as I sat down. He then took a seat next to me and rested his hand on my thigh underneath the table. I placed my hand on top of his and let out a shaky breath. Thankfully, Wyatt was the youngest of four kids in his family, so we didn't have to worry about telling his siblings quite yet. We watched Wyatt's dad walk into the kitchen to help his mom and I turned to Wyatt.

"You have the picture right?" I asked him.

He grabbed my hand that had been resting on top of his, "Yes, it's in my pocket." I nodded in response and started to get lost in my thoughts.

"Hey, everything's going to be fine," He whispered as he pushed my chin up with his thumb and pressed a soft kiss on my lips. We had decided to just tell his parents straight up since we were both teenagers. Giving them a gift for an announcement was definitely something that didn't feel appropriate given our situation.

"Alright kids, a family favorite for dinner," Mrs. Chandler smiled as she set down a pan on baked macaroni and cheese onto the dining table. Mr. Chandler followed close behind her with green beans and rolls in hand. When the smell of the macaroni hit my nose, I immediately started to feel nauseous. I gulped and tried to push the nausea away.

"Looks delicious!" I said through a plastered on smile. Mrs. Chandler served all of us some food and I only took small bites, praying the nausea would leave as quickly as it had come. We kept a steady conversation going and most of it was focused on Wyatt and I, Wyatt's football training, and midterms. However, about thirty minutes into dinner, Mrs. Chandler turned her attention to me.

"Kennedy, are you feeling alright? You've hardly eaten anything."

"I'm alright, just not very hungry tonight. I had a pretty big lunch," I informed her, which was partly true. I did have a large lunch because I was really hungry earlier in the day.

"Alright dear, I just don't want you to go hungry," She smiled. To make her feel better, I took a few more bite of food from my plate, so only about a quarter of it was left.

"I'm going to get the dessert, be back in a jif!" Mrs. Chandler excused herself before heading into the kitchen.

"Kennedy, has Wyatt told you that his oldest sister is getting married next August?" Mr. Chandler asked me.

"No he did not," I responded, shooting a glance over at Wyatt. He seemed confused at where his father was going with this conversation.

"Well, he has a plus one and if he wants you to come, we'd be happy to have you," Mr. Chandler informed me.

"I'll definitely think about it, that is if you want me to come?" I asked facing towards Wyatt. He was about to answer when his mom walked back into the dining room.

"Come to what?" Mrs. Chandler asked as she set a chocolate pie down on the table that looked too beautiful to eat. As soon as I saw it my mouth started to water. I was very glad that it didn't make me feel like I was going to throw up.

"Maren's wedding," Mr. Chandler answered.

"Oh, yes! It's going to be so exciting! I cannot believe that my oldest baby is getting married. It is absolutely crazy!" She gushed as she served the pie. Little did she know that her youngest child was the father of an unborn child in my uterus.

"When did she get engaged?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Few months ago, but they only told us at Thanksgiving. Can you believe that?" Mrs. Chandler sighed before taking a bite of her pie. I shook my head in response, since my mouth was also full of pie.

"Do you know where the wedding is going to be yet?" I asked.

"She said she wants it to be around this area, but we have yet to look at any venues." Mrs. Chandler happily informed me.

"Wyatt, before we bore Kennedy with all the details of this wedding, would you like to ask her to come?" Mr. Chandler asked his son. Wyatt set his fork down and squeezed my hand under the table. I knew what he was about to do and my heart started racing.

"If Kennedys going to come, I'm going to need a plus two," He told his parents.

"What do you mean? Would you bring Grayson too? That's sweet of you since their both siblings," Mrs. Chandler gushed.

"No Mom," Wyatt sighed.

"I don't understand son," Mr. Chandler spoke as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Mom, Dad, Kennedy's pregnant."

-----

Hey everyone! Happy Sunday! Sorry to leave you with that cliffhanger, but you know you gotta do it every now and then. How do you think Wyatt's parents are going to react to the news? Don't forget to vote if you are enjoying MBBFB!

xx - Sidney