𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. WE'LL ALWAYS COME BACK

CHAPTER SEVENTEENWE'LL ALWAYS COME BACK

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
WE'LL ALWAYS COME BACK

§ § §

Umbridge was still High Inquisitor, and enforcing new and awful rules every single day.

However, I let myself forget all about Dumbledore, Voldemort, the visions, Hagrid's story, Draco, and any other problems once I was in another D.A. practice. Today was the last meeting before Christmas break, and we were working on patronuses. However, the conversation earlier between Harry and I went a little something like this:

"Harry, only we can produce full-body patronuses at this age! People marvel over it! I was the first in history to do it so young! I don't want the average Joe to be able to do it as well!" I glared at Harry.

"Are you serious? Do you even hear yourself right now?" Harry raised his eyebrows.

"Clearer than Fred and George's extendable ears."

"You'd rather them be defenceless against a dementor and have their soul sucked out of them than be able to fight against them because you're too prideful to teach them?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying."

Needless to say, I lost that fight. So, here we are.

Hermione laughed in delight as her otter circled her, and Luna watched her hare with wide eyes. I smiled a little as Fred sent his horse bounding towards me.

"Alright, Potter, let's see yours!" George called, and the conversations amongst the room hushed. "We all know you were the youngest to ever cast one, so, let's see it!"

"I mean, you already saw Harry's-" I tried.

"Nonsense, give it a go!" Fred grinned.

I shrugged one shoulder and smirked before walking to the center of the room and pulling my wand from my pocket.

"Expecto Patronum." I say clearly.

The large snake comes from my wand, creating by silvery-blue light. The color was very similar to a certain someone's eyes. The snake grew larger and more detailed than anyone else's patronus, showing the full power of it.

"Wicked."
"Bloody hell."
"Brilliant!"

The hushed statements of awe made me grin before I waved my wand and the snake went away. I looked down at my feet sadly, thinking of Draco.

Harry walked over to me and held my arm. "Hey," I looked at him. "Do you want to go?"

"What?" I frowned.

"I mean- find Malfoy. I can see you're clearly distraught over him right now." Harry smiled a little and I nodded. I hugged him. "Just don't snog him too much."