12

[12

[12. OPAL]

"Good job! I think it's fantastic!" You said, making him feel better. He seemed a nice guy.

"Thank you" Huan said and nodded. "I apologize for my rude behavior. What's your name?"

"I am Y/n" you introduced yourself and shook his hand, smiling. "I would love to see more of your work!"

"Y/n, no. We have to meet the airbender. Sorry Huan, maybe you could show y/n your statues some other time. Or never. We have to go!" Mako interrupted and grabbed your hand.

"Oh! Yeah, okay. Bye Huan!" you chuckled and waved at him quickly before Mako dragged you away. When you were far enough, you raised an eyebrow at him.

"What was this all about? I am sure Suyin wouldn't mind if Huan showed me some more of his statues!" you protested, being kind of annoyed. Asami chuckled, probably listening to the conversation.

"You really wanted to look at this guy's stupid structures? They are horrible!" Mako said whispering, since Suyin was a few meters in front of you. He looked at you like you were talking nonsense.

"Yes, I wanted to see them! And they aren't horrible, they are unique. Anyway, why do you even care?" you asked, crossing your arms.

"He's just jealous" Asami joined the conversation and smirked, looking at Mako.

"Wh-what? Me? jealous? Of course not! Why would I be jealous? I have no reason to be jealous!"

"Alright then. I guess y/n can go hang out with Huan later" Asami said and shrugged. "whatever" Mako mumbled and rolled his eyes. Was he really jealous?

"This is my daughter, Opal!" Suyin said and smiled. A young black haired girl, around your age, was sitting on a bench. She was reading a book and had her legs crossed.

"Wow, Avatar Korra! I can't believe you are really here! You are so amazing!" Opal gasped and quickly stood up, carefully placing her book down on the bench.

"It's great to meet you Opal" Korra smiled.

"Opal? That's a beautiful name!" Bolin said, amused.

"Thanks" Opal said, blushing and putting a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"I'm Bolin" he introduced himself, extending his hand for her to shake. She happily took it, blushing even more.

"Opal, but, uh, y-you already knew that" She nervously stuttered and chuckled.

"Nice to meet you, I am y/n. I really like your name, Opal is a gem. " I said and smiled. She thanked me and nodded.

"Great. We found the airbender. Let's take her back to the airship and get out of here" Lin spoke bossily, glancing around.

"And the woman, apparently trying to abduct you, is your aunt Lin" Su explained to her daughter.

"Really? I've always wanted to meet you! My mom has told me so many stories about you"

"I'm sure she has" Lin boringly stated, avoiding eye contact.

"So I've set all of you up in the guesthouses, while Korra trains Opal" Suyin said and clapped her hands together.

"Oh, I'm sorry but I was hoping she could train with the rest airbenders at the Northern Temple" Korra said.

"That sounds amazing!" Opal excitingly shouted, but apparently her mother did not agree.

"Nonsense. This is were Opal's home and family are. You can train her here" Su spoke and placed a hand in her hip.

"I guess I could get her get started" Korra shrugged and cracked a smile.

"Absolutely not! We're leaving!" Lin yelled, shaking her head.

"She is just a little worried because there are a bunch of crazy criminals after me" Korra awkwardly laughed.

"If you are concerned about security, don't be. This is the safest city in the world" Su informed us, calmly.

"Now, I will see you all at dinner. And come hungry. My chef will blow the taste buds right out of your mouth!" she added, giggling and walked away.

"Why do you have such a problem with your sister? She seems nice!" Korra protested.

"Come on, we can stay a little while" you pleaded Lin and pouted.

Lin grumbled and gave up, "Fine!".

-
After spending some time with Huan, showing you statues and talking about each of them, it was time for dinner.

You sat between Mako and Asami on the big table. "Did you had fun?" Mako asked, turning to face you.

"Huh?" Your dumb brain couldn't function, as you didn't understand what he meant. All you were thinking about was food, you were hungry.

"With Huan. You spend the rest of the day with him" Mako said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Ohh, yeah.. Yes, I had a great time!" you smiled and nodded.

"Tonight, for your dining pleasure, I present a seared wild Kioshy elephant koi, paired with a ginger-infused pea tendril and hibiscus root salad" The chef said, when a waiter served you the food.

"Stunning" Suyin stated smiling.

"Sorry, dear, I'm going to have to take dinner in my office. I just had a major breakthrough on the tram station remodel" A man, hurried outside the door, apologizing. Another boy, was standing next, holding a stick of papers.

"Well, don't let me stand in the way of inspiration!" Suyin said and nodded at him reassuringly.

"You're the best!" He said and jogged away to his office, with the other boy.

"That was my brilliant architect of a husband, Bataar and our oldest son. He engineers all my husband's projects!" Suyin explained when you took a bite of your food. Oh my spirits, how many kids does this woman have?!

"Five kids. What a nightmare." Lin said, voicing your thoughts.

"No, no, my children are a blessing" Su disagreed. "Yeah, mom used to say that too, but she never meant it" Lin mumbled.

'Mmh, I have to admit, I was pretty skeptical when he said "pea tendril".. But this is delicious!" Bolin laughed after swelling his food.

"I know right?! I don't think I've ever had a bad meal in my life" Opal chuckled.

"Oh I had plenty, when Mako and I were leaving on the streets. I mean, you'd be surprised how bad food from a dumpster can be!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know" Opal said and frowned.

"No, it's okay, it's okay. That's all in the past. Things are great now! I got to be a probender, fought against a dangerous revolution, became a mover star and now I'm helping the Avatar rebuild a whole nation!" Bolin said happily.

"Wow, your life sounds so exciting" Opal sighed and looked at Bolin dreamily.