Chapter 8

It was in the evening, the sun was setting, and even without a pair of binoculars, Naruto could see a small column of smoke rising from the camp. Naruto was sitting on a tree branch, chewing on a piece of sweetgrass as he was looking down at a small camp. Grabbing Kinpika, Naruto hopped off the tree and landed next to Kirio, who was eating a bag of BBQ Potato chips.

"You're really eating that?" Naruto asked, pointing at the bag. To which Kirio simply huffed.

"Well, I would be having a pork roast, but I was pulled away from that to do this. These chips are the best I'm gonna get," Kirio replied, making Naruto roll his eyes as she ate the last few chips and stuffed the empty bag into one of her pockets.

"*Sigh* Let's go, the camp is just down that way," Naruto pointed at the smoke column, getting a nod from the pink-haired woman, and they vanished into the trees.

Later:

Naruto and Kirio landed in a small clearing behind the loyalist camp. Naruto was sitting behind a bush while Kirio was hiding behind a tree. Still chewing on his blade of grass, Naruto waited for a bit before he stepped out from behind the bush and waved Kirio over.

Naruto stood out in the open, which worried Kirio a bit. Slowly walking toward her teacher, Kirio raised an eye-brow as she asked: "Um, what are we doing?"

"There's no one here... that's alive anyway," Naruto said, grabbing the nearest tent and pulling it to the side, revealing a man who had been slashed and stabbed. It almost looked like they were mauled.

"That can't be good," Kirio stated, but Naruto ignored her.

He knelt down to inspect the wounds, rubbing his fingers over one of the many slashes, he noticed that they weren't clean cuts. They were jagged and zig-zagged.

"I think I know who did this," Naruto said, standing back up and spitting out the grass he was chewing on.

"Oh? Who?"

"The same little shit that cut up Unohana," Naruto replied, turning his head to see a blood trail.

Even Later:

Naruto was speeding through the tree-tops. Jumping from branch to branch, but still going slow enough to follow the trail. Kirio was actually struggling to keep up.

'It's almost like he's a machine,' Kirio thought to herself

"If you can't keep up, just say so. I'll scout on ahead," Naruto said, vanishing in a yellow flash, leaving Kirio behind

"YOU YELLOW-BELLIED SON OF A BITCH!" Kirio screamed, putting whatever energy she had into her stride.

Meanwhile, Naruto came to a full stop after a few seconds, gaining a lot of distance between himself and Kirio. But so much so that Naruto saw that there was no blood trail.

"Kami damn-it," Naruto whispered to himself. Mentally hitting himself with a sigh, he turned around to see a boy, with long, black hair, covered in blood with a scar over his left eye.

(Couldn't find a picture with the scar, or if that even exists, so here's this picture. Had to crop out the bottom half because he's sitting on a pile of bodies.)

"Who are you? Why are you following me?" the kid asked, to which Naruto responded by appearing behind the kid and striking him in the side of the head with Kinpika, with the wooden sheath still on it

The kid was sent flying through several trees, causing a giant dust cloud to form, and Naruto landed on the ground as he slowly approached the child with a sneer on his face.

"You're name's Kenpachi, right?" Naruto asked as he felt a sudden burst of spiritual pressure. The child then came at him, a sword in his right hand as Naruto simply stepped to the side, the blade only hitting the air and the ground.

"So what?! I've been called many things! At this point, a name's only a noise that I respond to!" Kenpachi screamed, a smile on his face as Naruto struck him in the side of the head.

Kenpachi didn't flinch as he swung his blade around, to which the blonde simply took a step back, letting Kenpachis' sword fly by. This swing left the boy open, allowing Naruto to take a few steps inward and strike the boy in the nose with Kinpika's sheath.

Gritting his teeth, Kenpachi gripped his sword as tight as he could, turning his sword around to cut Naruto in half. Yet, Naruto rolled his eyes, watching the blade come ever closer to his body. He then suddenly vanished, causing a confused look on Kenpachi's face. But the confusion turned to surprise as he was suddenly struck from behind, causing him to do several front-flips through the air.

While Kenpachi was spinning, Naruto was winding up, until he unleashed a devastating blow to Kenpachi's stomach. The black-haired boy could actually feel his own stomach explode within his own body as Naruto sent him flying with the words "BATTER UP!" echoing through the forest.

Going through another several dozen trees, Kenpachi almost felt like time was slowing down.

'Damn, this guy's good... I wonder what his deal is?' Kenpachi thought as he suddenly stopped, finding himself embedded into a tree, with Naruto standing in front of him.

"Hey man, what's your deal? You mad that I killed your friends back there?" he asked, getting a chuckle from Naruto

"No, I was gonna kill them anyway... my deal is that you put a student of mine almost on life-support. So I'm gonna toy with you as punishment," Naruto replied

"Do you have any idea how little that narrow's it down?" Kenpachi replied, pulling himself out of the tree, cracking his neck, puking up a small pool of blood, and smiling as he did so. "Just shut up and fight me,"

"If you wish," Naruto vanished again, causing Kenpachi to spin around with his sword in hand to slice at a tree, cutting it in half. Raising an eyebrow, he then felt his skull split as he was struck by Naruto again, this time from above.

"I'm gonna enjoy toying with you."

[Short chapter, the story not dead, just on life-support. Stuck in limbo actually. Not many updates coming in future so savor every chapter I can make right now as these are piss-poor ar best]