❥ ┊0 ˎˊ˗

-', 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 ꒱ ↷ :ch. u & i:
𝖮1. the beginning
𝖮2. throw
𝖮3. lesson
𝖮4. secret
𝖮5. the end

 the end

01. the beginning
age. 5

The pitter patter sound of the rain echoed throughout the city of Tokyo. This rain, however, did not bring a sense of sadness as it often portrayed during the emotional scenes in dramas and such. This rain brought tranquility and calmness as well as a sense of laziness that made people want to stay at home and watch the droplets of water slide down the window. Children are out on the streets with yellow rain jackets and little umbrellas, jumping into the puddles and making small splashes with laughter and joy.

But in the case of this story, a young girl hid behind the leg of her mother while peeking out from time to time. The sounds of adults chattering became background noises alongside the rain. At this moment, they both seem to blend into one. But a disturbance of a laughter was heard and it made the young girl look at the source of the sound.

"Toku, it's been a long time," the young girl heard her father said. His face was beaming with happiness that she rarely saw. He was always a stoic person that never really interacted with her and choose to coop up in his office to work. The times where he displayed such joy was when he met his friends— which is the case now.

"Riku, it sure has been. It's been six years? The last time I saw you was during your wedding," the man— adressed by Toku— said.

"Yes. It was that time. Immediately after that I moved to Hokkaido. But it's good to be back again," her eyes looked at her father's eyes. His eyes was looking at the small boy beside Toku who had a baseball bat.

"The last time I saw Kazuya was when he was a year old. He's grown," her father bent down and ruffled the kid's hair.

"He's becoming more cheeky," Toku sighed. But then he turned his gaze to the little girl who was hiding behind her mother's leg.

"Is that your daughter?" Riku stood back up and looked at his little girl.

"Yes," Riku warmly looked at his daughter, who was looking at his old friend.

"(Y/n), say hello to him," her mother tried to urge her forward from hiding behind her leg. Her (e/c) doe orbs glanced at her mother's eyes with a slight hint of hesitation before slowly stepping away.

"Hello," she whispered. She looked at Toku for a quick second before looking away. "Nice to meet you.. My name is (L/n) (Y/n).."

"It's nice to meet you too, (Y/n)," Toku smiles. Then he turned to his son. "Kazuya."

"Yeah," the boy with the bat walked closer to her and gave her a huge grin. He held up his hand. "It's nice to meet you! I'm Miyuki Kazuya!" (Y/n) glanced at Kazuya and then at his hand. She then looked at her father who nodded at her. Finally, she held his hand.